BYC Chicken Trivia Challenge **Congrats to Graceful Bantams**

LittleChickenRacingTeam

On vacation
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Ontario, CANADA
BYC_trivia_game_logo1c_march1st.jpg

Ok, so we will be playing the trivia game tonight at 9pm EST.

I will be testing you on general chicken knowledge as well as aspects about BYC itself.

I will be posting the questions one at a time in this thread. Each question will be appearing in my first post on the first page. That way you don't have to look through multiple pages for the each new question.

Once a correct answer has been given, I will acknowledge the correct poster in the thread, & we will move on to the next question. So if you see me post....."Wildsky has the correct answer"(unlikely to happen of course), it's time for you to go back to page 1 & look for the next question.

Feel free to google for an answer, or use the search functions on BYC. But remember, if you waste a lot of time doing this, you might miss the the next question. You might just want to guess sometimes.

As the game goes on questions will increase in point value. So you can come from behind to win even in the last stages. So don't be a quiter...LOL

Some rules:

1. Only 1 answer per question. If you post a second answer, I will only be looking at the first one.

2. Absolutely NO editing of posts for any reason. Edited posts will be disqualified for that question. Spelling is not critical, so I will take that into account with your answer.

3. Do Not post pictures with your answers. It will slow down the Dial-Up users. Posting a pic will disqualify you from the game entirely.

4. This rule is the most important.......HAVE FUN

Decision of the judges is final. If you have any complaints, please right them out in triplicate, place them in a sealed envelope addressed to LCRT, & burn them outside exactly 1 hr after the game ends. I will be watching the sky for your smoke signals, & will respond to them via carrier pigeon within 5 business days.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi there and welcome to the BYC Trivia Challenge. I’m LittleChickenRacingTeam, & I’ll be your host for this first ever thrill packed, mind melting game of knowledge. You can all call me LCRT for short.

Tonight’s game will test your general knowledge of chickens & also the BYC forum itself. Try not to take the game too serious, & remember….all answers are have been previously reviewed by NiftyChicken, so any complaints should be addressed to him & not your host.

LEVEL 1

The format is simple. I’ll post a question, & the first correct poster with the answer will get 1 point.
This will apply to the first 5 questions.

LEVEL 2

The questions will be harder, & 2 points will be awarded for a correct answer.
There will be 5 questions at this level.

LEVEL 3

I should be fairly drunk at this point in the game, so I will be awarding 3 points for a correct answer.
There will be 3 questions at this level

Level 4

Questions 14 & 15 will be worth 5 points each for the right answer. These will be tough but, the extra point value might just put you in the lead.

Good Luck to everyone, & here is your first question……We will start with an easy one.

Q1) How many feathers does the avg. Rhode Island Red hen have. (within 200 feathers)

The Real Question #1) Q1) Golden sebright bantams were developed by Sir John Sebright in the early 1800’s. What country was he from?

Q2) How many days approx. does it take an egg to hatch once incubated?

Q3) All domestic chickens can be genetically traced to Gallus Gallus which is the latin scientific term. What do we commonly call this bird?

Q4) Which of the BYC moderators has a special place in her heart for Ducks. She also works with a Duck rescue group.

Q5) True or false. There are more chickens than humans in the world?

Q6) Who was the 3rd member to join BYC.

Q7) What do you call the fleshy bits of skin that hang from some chicken’s face/neck area?

Q8) There is a lot of talk about Avian Flu in the news these days. Name the deadly strain that is the big concern.

Q9) My user name is LittleChickenRacingTeam. What type of racing am I involved in? Please be specific.

Q10) What is the smallest breed of chicken?

Q11) There is a poster on BYC who has often referred to Chinese Silkie’s as being EVIL. What is their user name?

Q12) What is the total number of registered members at BYC as of right now? I’m looking for the total of people who are registered, not just online at the moment.

Q13) What country did Cochin chickens originate from?

Q14) What country did Wyandotte Chickens originate from & how many recognized Standard sized APA (American Poultry Association) colours are there?

Q15) What poster at BYC has the highest number of posts?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom