BYC Clothing question

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by cdeans, Jan 13, 2009.

1. cdeans

cdeans Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I want to order some BYC clothing. So i am looking for some answers from people that have bought it, I am about 5'2 and 120lbs. I want the yellow chillen with my peeps t-shirt but they only come in youth or mens size. Can anyone tell me what they thought on the size of theirs?

Also I want a BYC hoodie, the sizes are small or lg, no medium, so anyone that can tell me how lg and how small, that would be great.

Thanks!

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Fantastic question, and I hope there will be a lot of feedback for you now and for future orders!!!

BTW, we're really sorry that we don't have a full selection of sizes, colors, items. We usually do pre-orders and then try to guess which other sizes will be in demand (no easy task). What ends up happening is that some pre-orders fall through, some buy more of one size and some buy less of another.

As time goes by and we get low on stock, we then try to offer the "left over" sizes at a discount to make room for another order. The obvious problem is that some items may be discounted, but only in odd sizes.

So, I really look forward to the replies to your great question! [​IMG]

3. cdeans

Nov 23, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Good lord you are up late nifty lol and I totally understand about the orders and sizes, being in charge is no easy task![​IMG]

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Check out the time zone difference. [​IMG] You're on completely different sides of the country.

5. cdeans

Nov 23, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    oh yeah i know i was just joking wiht him.[​IMG]

6. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

I thougth the tee sizes ran a little large, I did not order a hoodie but I want one, just have to save up the funds.

I normally get a 2X and thankfully I ordered an XL or I would have been swimming in it. DD thought the same thing, she normally wears a small and I got her a medium and it is big on her.

Just my opinion!

7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    The tees are men's sizes which means they are about the equivilent of a size larger in ladies sizes.

Like men's medium would be about the same as a ladies large, like that.

8. basicliving

basicliving Keepin' the sunny side up

Mar 20, 2008
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Sounds like we are the same size. I ordered a medium chilling with my peeps and the breakfast one.

If you are looking for a comfortable fit that you can tuck into pants, then medium will probably be fine. I am larger in the hips, and a medium is a little too snug across the hips to wear untucked without making my caboose look bigger. Does this make sense?

Penny

9. cdeans

Nov 23, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Thank you everyone i have went ahead and ordered 2 hoodies and one tshirt. I will post back about my experience with the sizes when they come in.

Thanks,
    Corinne

10. cdeans

Nov 23, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    As I said before I would post a update once I received the clothing. I bought it on Wednesday, and got it on Friday(very fast shipping). I also get a egg slicer as surprise, which I tried it out and I love it. I recommend it to everyone! Anyways back to the clothes, the Medium Sweatshirt fit great. Not to snug, nice and comfy. The large I got for my hubby fit him great to. I would say the sizes are normal slandered sizes, not over or under size. And the chillen with my peeps tee fit great to. But I have lost that to my 2 and a half year old daughter(you can see a pic of it in a thread named chillen with my peeps in random ramblings, so cute) anyways I just wanted to post to let everyone know. I think I will be buying more in the near future!

Thanks,
    Corinne

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by