BYC comes through again!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Henicillin, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Henicillin

Henicillin Pill Counting Pullet

Apr 12, 2011
    East Nassau, NY
    The seven new kids arrived today at noon. Everyone looked great except for one of the Jersey Giants. She kept her eyes closed and just stood in the corner, unsteady on her feet, while the others zoomed around like mad fiends. So, I hit BYC, searched for "chick eyes closed," and followed the advice in the threads to wipe the eyelids very gently with a warm, moist cloth and offer vitamin/electrolyte solution to combat dehydration and exhaustion from the trip. I did both a couple of times, letting the little one sleep on my chest in between sessions (and fell in love with her - she's adorable, like a tiny penguin). Sure enough, she opened her eyes and has rallied. I'm continuing to offer her the solution in a teaspoon every couple of hours so that she can get that extra boost, but I think she's good thanks to the fine peeps of BYC! [​IMG]

2. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    Yay! go chicky go! [​IMG]

3. ganesha09

ganesha09 Loves chicken feet!

Sep 18, 2010
    southern Illinois
    Great news! Isn't BYC wonderful? So glad to hear she is coming along! Hope she continues to rally![​IMG]

4. Henicillin

Henicillin Pill Counting Pullet

Apr 12, 2011
    East Nassau, NY
    The little fuzzy penguin-butt is doing beautifully now! Her eyes are fully open, she's eating and drinking on her own, is steady on her feet, and protested vehemently when I took her out to offer her the vitamin water one more time. She also came galloping with the rest of the herd when I played mama hen and clucked to them while tapping my fingertip on the brooder floor. Thanks again, BYC! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. FiveAcres

FiveAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    White, GA
    Great news!! Thanks for sharing!! This is what BYC is all about!!

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by