Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
As discussed here, we were forced to move to a brand new home, and here is where we've welcomed you to our new home.

Moving a site this big takes a LOT of work and we've still got a lot to do. So, as requested, I'm starting this thread for me (and my team) to post "official updates" and to-do items that are "post-migration" related.

Below are the bigger items we've done and are working on. There are a lot of additional items that are being discussed in this section: Conversion Problems, Bugs, & Issues

So, here's the list:
  1. Get search setup and working
  2. Import / setup new Premium Feather Membership.
  3. Setup / import member badges (medals).
  4. Import about 2 million photos into our Gallery system (this one is a BEAST, but we're working on it)

Last edited:
Sorry I haven't been updating this very much! I get so mired in the actual work and answering questions all over the place that I forget to post updates here.

A few people have asked how the import of images is going. We hit some big roadblocks over the last week. All of the images are on our server (4TB of images :eek: ) but they came over in a really mixed-up file structure. But don't worry... the pics you posted into threads, messages/conversations, articles, etc. are still shown in those locations.

So, here's our plan with the different "types" of images:
  1. Pre-Conversion Images uploaded into the "Gallery" via Albums: We had to restart the process of importing those into the gallery system here. It's a VERY slow process, but we hope to have it completed by the end of the week. You'll be able to access and edit these albums.
  2. Pre-Conversion Images uploaded directly into threads, articles, etc. These images will still be available in the threads and articles, but they will not be available for editing or viewing in albums.
  3. Post-Conversion Image uploaded directly into threads, articles, etc. We're working on a way to make these available for direct access within your account.
Again, to clarify:
  1. All your pics are safe on our server.
  2. All the pics you posted (into posts, messages, articles, albums, etc.) are still where you posted them.
  3. We're importing your custom Albums into our Gallery system. Any images you uploaded directly into an "Album" will be back in an album soon.

Last edited:
New Feature: You can now give any of our site articles a Star Rating!!

upload_2017-5-27_23-4-2.png

Give it a try! Go to your favorite articles and rate them:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

Ok everyone, we've got the BYC Albums all setup!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/

Please take a look and make sure your "CUSTOM" albums and photos uploaded into ALBUMS are there (see my post above, here.)

Again, I can't stress this enough:

1. ONLY images uploaded directly into albums on the previously system are in albums now.
  2. Images NOT uploaded directly into albums, but uploaded into threads, messages, articles, etc. are NOT in albums, but are still in the places where you posted them.
If you have questions or issues with albums, please post them here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/byc-gallery-album-system-is-live.1176499/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom