BYC Get Together in MAGGIE VALLEY,NC- NOW WITH PIC!!!!

chickensioux

Songster
10 Years
Feb 12, 2009
Western North Carolina
We had a lovely lunch at the Holiday Diner thanks to Karen (lovemychicns). lovemychicns, NeelysAVLchicks, TaLani and her daughter, joletabey, theOldRebel and her DH, myself and my DH had a wonderful time talking, of course, about our pets.

I had a hamburger with cream cheese stuffed jalapenos on it, WOW was it ever good. Wonderful diner, great food, great BYC folks all with a wonderful view of the beautiful NC mtns.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

22826_100_1631.jpg

Standing (left to rt) theOldRebel, theOldRebel's DH, lovemychicns, joletabey, NeeleysAVLchicks, Talani, chickensioux's DH. (seated) TaLani's DD, chickensioux

Last edited:
It was GREAT fun, and I am sorry those who missed it weren't there. BUT we are thinking of doing it again.
I'll post pics in a few minutes!

I am truly sorry for all those who missed it too, because a GREAT time seemed to be had by all, especially me!!!! Seeing other people's pictures, learning about their particular breeds of chickens, hearing their personal stories was just AWESOME to me!! For sooooo long (before I found BYC), I thought I was the only weird person around who LOVES chickens and other birds. Then God brought Chickensioux into my life (Hallelujah!) and now we've met some more wonderfully weird people like us. Maybe we aren't so weird after all. At any rate, my DH and I had a WONDERFUL time. The food was excellent (especially the blueberry muffin dessert) and the fellowship was almost too good to be true. So those of you who planned to come and didn't or couldn't, think about joining us next time. And let's work on having a next time!

I'd say I'm going to post pics in a few minutes, but I've got to remember how to post pics first.

To Lovemychicns, NeelysAVLchicks, Talani and her DD, and Joletabey, it was a PLEASURE to meet you, to get to know a little bit about you, and to share such a special time with you. Thanks, Lovemychicns, for hosting us at your marvelous diner. We'll spread the word about your GREAT food.

And a SPECIAL thanks to Chickensioux for letting me know about this in time to plan a trip home for it, and to you and your DH for your loving transportation to it.

Let's do it again SOON!!

My daughter and I had such a WONDERFUL time with you all - the fellowship was awesome to say the least!!! I can't wait for the next meetup! The food was fabulous too!! Karen, I'll be sure to spread the word about the Holiday Diner! Looking at everyone's pictures was a real treat as well. I'm soooo glad we finally got to meet some fellow BYC'ers!!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom