BYC has Hijacked my Chicken Log!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by OvertheHenHouse, Nov 1, 2011.

1. OvertheHenHouse

OvertheHenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    San Diego
    When I entered the wonderful world of chickens, I started a chicken log to note all my adventures (and mis-adventures!) as a first-time chicken owner. My firsts few pages were gushingly sentimental descriptions of the baby chicks I'd selected - breed information and birthdates, what their names were, who had pasty butt, and how they were growing. As the chicks grew and the coop was completed, little notes from BYC posts started intruding on my daily updates...
    The first invasion into my private narrative was a note about how to contact Peter Brown - right in the middle of the details of my little flock's first visit to their new coop. Eight days later, a small but informative paragraph on the best treatment of cocci appeared ... as I was describing re-setting the crank windows on my coop to get them to open better. Suddenly there are notes and paragraphs everywhere - the best way to treat a chicken for pain, what to do if your chicken gets attacked by a coyote, Dawg's and SeminoleWind's very informative discussion and research on worming meds, even two paragraghs about chicken massage!!!
    Yep - my chicken log has been hijacked and now has far more information from BYC posts than descriptions of my own flock. And that's definitely not a bad thing [​IMG].

2. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Hi OvertheHenHouse,

That seems very odd. Is it fixed? I just looked at your BYC page, is that where your blog is? Or---is it in a 3rd party place. Sounds quite spooky to me.

3. OvertheHenHouse

Sep 12, 2011
    San Diego
    Quote:Hi, ChicKat -
    I might have been a little too tongue-in-cheek in my post [​IMG] What usually happens is that I'll be entering something in my log, I get distracted by an interesting post on BYC (I know - hard to believe, right?), find myself highlighting certain portions of that post, and then the highlight ends up 'appearing' in my log [​IMG]. My log has turned into a wonderful collection of bits and pieces of BYC as a result. I love all of the experience and wisdom that's shared here.

4. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Invasion of the chicken zombies..............don't go to sleep tonight.................just sayin'

5. OvertheHenHouse

Sep 12, 2011
    San Diego
    It IS that time of year [​IMG]

6. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Hi Overthehenhouse,

Glad that you cleared it up---- I was thinking of some cyber-haunting going on. I guess it's that time of the season. ;O)

7. OvertheHenHouse

Sep 12, 2011
    San Diego
    'Cyber-haunting' - I like that!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by