BYC has opened new doors for me

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Spiveyscorner67, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Spiveyscorner67

Spiveyscorner67 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2013
    Northeast Texas
    Thanks to all of you for being so kind as to giving your time and wisdom to this site. I have learned so much from you, I will continue to read your words and thoughts and laugh at some and relate to many. I love poultry, all kinds, not so fond of dogs or cats, they like to eat or mangle my precious birds. But I do have them: for my son has labs that retrieves ducks,( duck dogs) and I have 6 ducks. Oh let me explain these are not my animals they are for my grandchildren He He..... that is what I tell everyone, but my D H lets me go and supports me[​IMG]. I have been reading up on the incubators, learned about shrink wrap, realized why my L G didn't hatch many eggs (even tho my grand daughter MADE me put 41 chicken eggs in it Oct 8 &9th) and this is enough about me. We are supporting 14 Toulouse geese,9peafowl,6 ducks -only 1 female the other one just up and died, 48 chickens turkeys---5 bronze,3 reds,1 royal palm 1 half and half(royal and white) 2 giant whites (Butterball and Tyson) these are the dinosaurs my daughter calls them, AND 2 pigeons( (my grandson swore he would take care of... yeah right ). All pets, with names and we DO NOT eat or sell, we give to good homes. To our friends who will love them and hug them and give them all the love they can. This coming spring will be time to start raising to make feed money. [​IMG]

2. All Henned Up

All Henned Up Muffs or Tufts

welcome[​IMG]

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome to BYC! I am sure your grandchildren will appreciate all the animals you have for them, your granddaughter sounds like she has already figured out chicken math and how to talk you into even more. Sounds like you have an really interesting diverse flock already.

4. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] your female duck may have died from too much drake attention. The numbers were stacked against her & your remaining hen. Maybe you can swap some males out for some girls.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

7. chickenboy190

chickenboy190 Overrun With Chickens

May 31, 2013
    Ohio
    Welcome! Glad you joined BYC! :~D

8. Bluebee

Bluebee Overrun With Chickens

Jul 30, 2012
    Cali
    Welcome to BYC!!! Glad you joined us!

9. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

10. Spiveyscorner67

Spiveyscorner67 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2013
    Northeast Texas
    I think we are too heavy on ducks period... But each one has its own merrits and which one do you give away? My poor muffy, she is black then there is Ducky he is white then sneakers who is mutt(malard and peking) then Moonlight from Ducky and muffy what can I say??????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by