BYC In Sunset Magazine - "The chicken coop is the new doghouse"

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

2. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    Awesome!

3. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    Congrats! [​IMG]

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

5. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Rob, Do you ever lean back in your chair and think,"I have chickenfied the world." Because, you have you know. Yes, some of us would have chickens anyway, but you just fueled the fire and sit there fanning the flames! [​IMG]

6. Nifty-Chicken

[​IMG]

Sure, I'd love to take some credit, but really, the success of the amazing trend in raising backyard chickens comes from all the great peeps (like we have here) caring for their chickens and sharing the joy with others!

I mean, once you find out from a friend that you can have a pet that makes you breakfast... who would turn down that opportunity? [​IMG]

7. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    OMG I don't have a subscription to this one anymore!

Is it out right now?

8. Nifty-Chicken

Ya, Katie said it JUST came in the mail. [​IMG]

9. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    I knew I wanted a couple of hens, but it was BYC that taught me how to build my coop for the safety of my girls. BYC rocks!!!

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I sometimes come off sounding like an expert, but I'm really just espousing what I have learned from the helpful BYCers when I had a problem or question or encountered a "situation." People at work are amazed at how much I know about chickens - I owe most of it to BYC. A very tiny amount of my gallus domesticus knowledge was mine before I started keeping chickens, but not much of it.

Heck, I can remember thinking, "Oh GREAT, so much for that 90% accuracy with sexing, I got ALL roosters!" Uhhhh.... I didn't know hens had combs and wattles too. < *blush* >

Thank you, Rob, for BYC - and thank you, everybody else on BYC, for being so helpful - and FUNNY!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by