BYC Member Interview - oldhenlikesdogs

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by sumi, Jun 2, 2016.

1. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Spring Dreaming Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Thank you both, it has been rough but I know many have way tougher challenges in their lives than me and feel thankful for what I do have. We really put a lot into our place. When we bought it it was covered in weeds with giant piles of junk everywhere. We redid the house inside and out, tore down the original barn top and rebuilt the smaller roof, tore down the original milk house and made the garden chicken shed. My husband wants to always rebuild the sheds and to make mine out of wood instead of tin. I am so blessed.

2. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My favorite part is we converted the back half of our barn where the foundation was crumbling into a garden complete with a stone pond.

3 people like this.
  3. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I want to live at your house. Sigh.

4. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Thank you. People always ask why I don't go on vacation, I say my whole life is like I'm on my own personal vacation. I have created many spots to stop and just be in the moment. I feel like I live in a paradise. Even my house which is small in square footage, seem like a hotel suite to me. Though I'm also the maid, but it's a good trade off to me.

5. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana

6. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    It's a single wild grapevine. That part was my husband's project. It creates a wonderful tunnel of shade.

My last photo shows the base of it.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  7. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Really enjoyed your interview, and your pictures are inspiring. You and your husband have made a beautiful place. And your Frenchie is adorable. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Thank you on both accounts, she is actually half Boston terrier and half French bulldog. Her name is Matilda and she has been the best dog ever.

1 person likes this.
  9. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA

1 person likes this.
  10. newhamplover

newhamplover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2016
    Okla.
    So enjoyed your interview & the pics of the beautiful home you & your husband have created. I especially agree with you on #3. I also so enjoy the sitting & watching mine & their behaviors. They have been nothing but enjoyment. How smart they are & how quickly they learn.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by