BYC Member Interview - oldhenlikesdogs

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by sumi, Jun 2, 2016.

1. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Spring Dreaming Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Thank you both, my dogs and chickens keep us constantly entertained, and I'm never lonely.

2. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Lisa, thanks for sharing your story. I'm always amazed when I "meet" someone here! Good to find out who you are!

1 person likes this.
  3. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Thank you lazy gardener, hopefully I haven't shared too much. I like being a lazy gardener too.

4. newhamplover

newhamplover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2016
    Okla.
    Your interview so hit home with me on so many levels even the part of not taking vacations. I think when people create such a peaceful, tranquil home why would you want to leave it. I am also so happy at home there really isn't anywhere I want to go. Thank goodness for UPS & the computer!!! My Grandparents were the same way. They never took a vacation, to go anywhere, in their lives .Being with them & on the farm was a vacation, the hard work a joy. I could talk way to much about my Grandparents but their farm was their lives, & I loved & copied it myself. Our property is across the highway from my Grandparents farm. The watching & observing of animals he loved to do too. I know what you mean about the lurking...I did that for a couple of years too before I joined. I am so glad I did & just love this site....on many more levels than just chickens.

1 person likes this.
  5. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    I knew I couldn't be the only one, when I explain it, no one understands, and they ask me why I have so many chickens. On this site I don't feel odd or a need to explain myself.

It must be wonderful to be so close to where you spent your childhoods favorite memories, home is always where your heart is.

6. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I forgot to ask - what do you do with the 40 acres? Is it planted?

7. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    some is pasture, some we make hay with, some is our large lawn, and the rest is for wildlife habitat. My husband wants to plants stuff, but so far I've talked him out of it.

8. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I like the idea of hay if you have the equipment to cut and bale!

9. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    We do, we are waiting for it to stop raining long enough to cut it. I like giving my poultry hay all winter. It keeps them occupied and gives them greens in the middle of winter. I think if I didn't bale hay, I would either buy some for them or dry and save lawn clippings.

10. Attila the Hen

Attila the Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Blue Ridge GA
    I so enjoyed your story and especially the pictures. What a beautiful homestead. I could really learn a lot from you.
    Computer problems today. Take care.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by