"BYC MEMBERS" Babies are Hatched! 04/01/09 - Pic Heavy!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ranchhand, Mar 11, 2009.

1. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    My mid-eighties FIL graduated from Univ. of Delaware many years ago, and still follows his "Fightin' Blue Hens" closely. He was tickled no end when he found out I had ordered Delaware Blue eggs from fellow BYC'er Bec, just for him. So here's to you, Dad!

The eggs arrived today, beautiffuly and carefully packed. Twelve DB's, and a variety pack of EE's, Orps, and RIR, all sired by a Partridge Cochin. Not a single egg was even cracked.

The grand opening- Bec's daughter made a special drawing just for me and it is now on the wall above the incubator.

[​IMG]

Dogs and cats had to sniff test it all first-
    [​IMG]

Incredibly good packing job, 5 year old daughter kissed each bubble wrapped egg for luck! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ready for the incubator!
    [​IMG]

My huge-amongous THANKS to Bec for the pretty eggs, and to K. for the lucky kisses and drawing of us on the swings! [​IMG]

If all goes as planned, they should hatch April first! April Fools to go with the Mardi Gras babies hatched on Fat Tuesday!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Mine too [​IMG]

3. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I know, I just posted in another thread about it- I whispered, so I wasn't hijacking. [​IMG]

What are you hatching?

4. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ps...you are very welcome [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  5. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:I just got 8 bantam blue laced red wyandotte eggs. Do you have pics of a delaware blue?

6. Bec

7. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Thanks, Bec, I couldn't find it right away!

They are such bee-you-tee-full chickens.

8. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    cool very nice, we can be hatching buddies it seems i like hatching on holidays my lil duckling was born on valentines lol i have 38 eggs due on the 31st/1st so i know i will have some hatch on aprils fools i cant wait well good luck

9. Bec

[​IMG] For April Fools Babies!!!

10. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Oh yeah, they are VERY beautiful [​IMG] Its amazing after 2 years of this i am still learning new breeds. I cant get over how many different varieties there are. AussieSharon just taught me about Red Caps [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by