BYC Mentioned in 2 Chicago News Stories

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Nifty-Chicken, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

2. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    [​IMG] Won't be long and our takeover of the world can begin. Mwah, ha, ha, ha

Edited to add: Hey, my chickens don't stink. I dare that lady to come sniff my chickens.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  3. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

I think the silkies are in charge of this movement! They are evil little do-gooders. They will control the population before long!!! [​IMG]

4. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    It doesn't surprise me that newspapers continue publishing stories about the increase in backyard chickens. I live in a small town of about 300, and just this past summer 4 families (that I know of) started raising chickens. Now we are just one small little town, can you imagine how many people in cities began raising chickens recently?

5. Trollkiller

Trollkiller Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Lake Como, Fl. 32157
    Bonus the WBBM 780 story is listed on Fark.

6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG]

As for Ald. Lona Lane, I wonder if she realizes that ALL pets smell if not PROPERLY taken care of? Why single out chickens? [​IMG] I had a neighbor in town with 4 huskies in a 20x20 kennel and they stunk so bad, we refused to use the backyard in the summer time. [​IMG]

7. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    The really creative thing to do would be to have a professional sign made for your front yard that says "Recruiting new members for BackyardSkunks.Com"......the neighbors would be thankful for the chickens after that [​IMG].....yeah, my mind really does work that way, lol!

8. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I love the picture of the lady with Pickles. So sweet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by