1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BYC Mentioned In Canadian News Site - Funny Quote

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Nifty-Chicken, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

BYC was mentioned in this article: Novel money-saving tips for tough times

My favorite part:

Websites like Backyardchickens.com will help you along. And don’t worry—the people on these sites are just like you and me. They’re totally normal. For instance, when the topic turned to whether to eat your hens after their egg-laying days are behind them, one woman sensibly responded: “If we were all starving to death I would chop off an arm or leg and feed it to my kids before I would eat one of my laying hens!!!” (Awww, Mom—arm sandwiches again?)

[​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] that is AWESOME!!!!!

3. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    "Normal like you and me."

EXACTLY. [​IMG]

4. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Quote:[​IMG]

5. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG] That was so nice of them to say we are normal! [​IMG]

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Ya, too often chicken owners are viewed as being on the fringes of society... like the peeps in that "history of chickens" video. People that put chickens in their purses, take them to the grocery store, and give them mouth to mouth.... not that there's anything wrong with that. [​IMG]

7. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    YAY [​IMG] Were normal. [​IMG] I knew it all along. [​IMG]

8. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

I snuggle mine....cheek to cheek. They rub their little faces across my chin and close their eyes with their little necks stretched out across my jawbone.

Chicken Love!

ps: if we're normal, what does that make them?
    lol

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  9. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    People put chickens in their purses? Mine have to wait out in the car while I am in the grocery store! Although I have been known to tote my goose in my hoodie when he was younger!

10. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Aren't you glad they didn't say this site is addicting and you will NEVER get off it and do chores??? [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by