1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BYC needs a myspace page.

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by B. Saffles Farms, Dec 27, 2008.

1. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    I was just thinking since BYC has a facebook page, they need a myspace page too. Ive meet close to 30 BYC members on myspace and Im sure they are plenty more. Just a thought.

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Well, my only issue with myspace is it is often like walking in to a teenager's bedroom. There is crap everywhere, you can't find anything you need, and the music is always blaring.

3. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Quote:[​IMG] LOL! You are putting it nicely, i have seen some offensive stuff on myspace. I don't know what facebook is like so I can not comment on FB.

4. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    I turn my speakers off and use it to talk to friends. I agree there is some offensive things on there, but Its usually like that on most of the web.

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Facebook is like the grownup version of myspace.

6. willheveland

willheveland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    southern tier,NY
    If you are creative why can't you use the "my page" section for your myspace? There are many members that don't even use this feature.I think it's a great way to introduce yourself. Will

7. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:I havent figured it out yet.

8. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:It's more like the gone-away-to-college version.

Linkedin.com is the I'm-a-real-grownup-now version! [​IMG]

9. B. Saffles Farms

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:It's more like the gone-away-to-college version.

Linkedin.com is the I'm-a-real-grownup-now version! [​IMG]

Ive never even heard of linkedin.com

10. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Linkedin is a professional social networking page. It's based on the notion of 6 degrees of separation & you're only supposed to link to people you know personally. I use it quite a bit professionally. It doesn't have all the features of Facebook & MySpace (which is good) and is entirely focused on professional activities, just as jobs and networking. I like it very much but it's not as useful a tool for connecting with people you don't know as is Facebook.

I will say that I'll only connect to people on Facebook who I actually *know* as a result of having used Linkedin so long.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by