Official BYC Poll: What other animals do you have besides chickens?

What other animals do you have besides chickens?

• Total voters
What a smart and well behaved girl your Schnauzer is. Your chickens have a guardian in her. šŸ„°
Thank you! I like to think so and that I can trust her in situations like this. I just hope no more come up. Iā€™m going to be getting a latch that I can put on the inside of the run and coop doors both so that I can lock them from the inside from now on so that I donā€™t make this mistake again hopefully and that no one else in my family does either if I am lucky! Lol! I will miss her when her time comes. She is my absolute best buddy and sidekick. She is the best watch dog our family could ask for. Her hearing is superb! She is a wonderful nurse. She knows to place the entire length of her little 17lb body along my back and legs when I am having major back trouble which I do a lot- I have had 4! Major surgeries and have a spinal cord stimulator implanted for pain relief. She just knows to do it some how instinctively. I have heard that small dogs can live until they are 19 or 20 so I sure hope she does. I try to keep her safe and in her best health that I can and well taken care of. We just got an English Cream Golden Retriever puppy who is the cream of the crop also. He is so smart and cute that he stinks. He is mostly my husbands dog because it was time he had one for himself. I will have to help him with his training. He is so smart that it will be a breeze. That makes it enjoyable. I just love animals and birds especially chickens. They keep us young and they are meant for the young to teach them to be good people indeed. Thank you!

Iā€™ve got a Calamity Jane too! Chicken
Wow, that's so interesting! Do you feed her, or does she find food on her own? (I hope you do not mind me asking so many questions.)
Syn couldnā€™t eat by herself when I got her so I fed her fresh salmon and organs and other healthy things until she was able to eat on her own, Iā€™ve been pecking in the dirt and leaves with her since I got her so sheā€™d be able to forage on her own. She still sneaks in the chicken house when theyā€™re out to steal food and steals from the dog once and a while. Iā€™ve got lots of fruit trees and garden that she always gets into.

That's what I was going to say.
I can't believe it! :eek:If beatles where crawling around my house I would die!
I think a lot of people keep bugs to feed other critters.
It's actually quite common nowadays.

Tarantulas...a little on the wild side.

Back
Top Bottom