Official BYC Poll: What other animals do you have besides chickens?

What other animals do you have besides chickens?

• Total voters
Pics
When I lived in south Carolina, there were cockroaches crawling around the house. I couldn't believe it. We don't have those in Montucky :sick
Honey! We have these freakin tree roaches or what I also call water bugs which look like cockroaches on steroids but triple steroids more like cocaine. They are HUGE and they hide under the bark of the pecan trees especially or pine trees during the winter time and sub-hibernate if it’s cold enough. It’s rarely cold enough in MS to keep them in there all year. They usually come out for part of each month. Any month of the year it can get up to an 80 degree day. It can always be tornado weather in Mississippi. Tornado Alley is where I live just outside of Tupelo. The birthplace of the King- Elvis that is. Rock-n-Roll Is King here. Anyway so these things are as long as and as wide or wider than my thumb. It takes a couple hits from a claw hammer to kill them. However I have learned that hot water- scalding hot water from the kitchen sink will drown them really quickly without the sink plugged. Not plugged. They can swim so don’t plug it just leave it unplugged and keep the water hot and going full blast but they are hell to kill.

Honey! We have these freakin tree roaches or what I also call water bugs which look like cockroaches on steroids but triple steroids more like cocaine. They are HUGE and they hide under the bark of the pecan trees especially or pine trees during the winter time and sub-hibernate if it’s cold enough. It’s rarely cold enough in MS to keep them in there all year. They usually come out for part of each month. Any month of the year it can get up to an 80 degree day. It can always be tornado weather in Mississippi. Tornado Alley is where I live just outside of Tupelo. The birthplace of the King- Elvis that is. Rock-n-Roll Is King here. Anyway so these things are as long as and as wide or wider than my thumb. It takes a couple hits from a claw hammer to kill them. However I have learned that hot water- scalding hot water from the kitchen sink will drown them really quickly without the sink plugged. Not plugged. They can swim so don’t plug it just leave it unplugged and keep the water hot and going full blast but they are hell to kill.
Oh! My chickens love! Them! Crunchy! Don’t know how much protein though but never have been poisoned any so they are Organic!!!

Agh! That's the stuff of nightmares. We might get one crazy anomaly beetle a year. We never know what they are because they're always different. This was Kinney's treasure about a month ago:
IMG_20200822_220621.jpg

Another one had white stripes, looked like a giant potato bug :confused:
We do have wind scorpions though. Creepy things.

Agh! That's the stuff of nightmares. We might get one crazy anomaly beetle a year. We never know what they are because they're always different. This was Kinney's treasure about a month ago:
View attachment 2354344
Another one had white stripes, looked like a giant potato bug :confused:
We do have wind scorpions though. Creepy things.
Speaking of those darn potatoes bugs! I think they are going into hatch inside my screened in porch by the darn bookoos! 9million of them everyday I find trying to weasel there way into the house. They can’t find their way out of a paper sack with a mag light and a head lamp on and GPS!

Back
Top Bottom