BYC on talk radio this morning.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Darin115, May 12, 2009.

1. Darin115

Darin115 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Asheboro, NC
    I was driving to work this morning listening to 101.1FM. The Brad and Britt Show. All of a sudden they started talking about more and more people keeping chickens at home.

I turned it up and actually started paying attention to it. They said with the sagging economy more and more people are keeping back yard chicken flocks. Some NC cities are now relaxing their laws about keeping a backyard flock. I did not catch the cities.

Then Brad said and the most prevalent website on private flocks is Backyardchickens.com. I almost fell out. He said the there are over 30,000 members to BYC. He said we are growing by 150 memebers every day. Then they start browsing thru the site and quoting some of the posts.

Then they started taking calls from people that have chickens. They took several calls. I hope some of our members called in. I had to go into work and did not get to hear the rest of the segment.

I hope some of our memebers represented well!!! I didn't have time. I had to get to work.

Darin

2. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Intersesting. I hope they were quoting some of the more bizarre posts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by