BYC Radio Commercial Contest - Make One & We Air It

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Nifty-Chicken, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Okay everyone, we've got an idea and are hoping it is going to be a LOT of fun for everyone!

The Idea:
    We all work together to create some really fun 30 second recordings / commercials for BYC. We'll then have a winning commercial aired on real radio stations that broadcast on AM and FM channels.

The Goal:
    Have lots of fun!
    Spread the word about BYC
    Have more fun!

The Plan:
    We want our super creative members to create their own 30 second radio commercial about BYC. You guys have total free creative license to come up with whatever you want. Once we get a handful of submissions we'll choose a winner and air it on the radio.

We'll do all we can to find out where and when the radio spots will air so hopefully someone locally can record them or grab them from a stream from the radio station (if they have one).

For those of you that want to join in the fun, but don't want to record yourselves, feel free to pitch in by posting your ideas on what the commercial should be, say, sound like, etc.

We're hoping you guys will really have fun with this!

So, what do you think? If you want to create a BYC radio commercial (by yourself or with friends or family) please post here and let us know!

[​IMG]

2. Sounds like it'll be a blast!

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'd love to, I sell my voice and don't have a choice of what I am advertising, I would absolutely love to do something I actually wanted to record! I'm digging out my mic as we type.

4. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    Oh GOOODIE!!! Cant wait till DH gets to hear about this!!

considering he already has a script worked out for GopherBoy.

But I guess he will have to do 2 commercials, since the one his is working on is video.....

this is a great idea....what fun!

~Tiff~

5. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Sounds like FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Quote:Uh-oh! [​IMG]

7. rjv_piper

rjv_piper Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    OOOOOOoooooooooooooooo... fun. [​IMG] [​IMG] GO BYC!!!

8. cyrixlord

cyrixlord Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Monroe, wa
    i have all of the equipment, but 30 seconds seems like a lot of time to say stuff [​IMG]

anyone have ideas?

9. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I'll have to tell my kids about this one [​IMG] They love this kind of stuff [​IMG]

10. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    OMG i wish i could think of something!!!! LOL!!! nifty, you have to tell us what station and when its gonna be on, i wanna hear it! [​IMG]

LOL it needs a catchy theme song or tune that will stick in everyones heads that will hear it [​IMG] like how food max has that tune that always gets stuck in ur head [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by