BYC Trivia Challenge! April 3, 2011 - Win a free GFM!

sune42

Songster
10 Years
Mar 13, 2009
Northern Kentucky
The Official "BYC Trivia Challenge" will be on Sunday April 3, 2011 at 6:00 PM PST!

1st Place: 6 Month Golden Feather Membership (for you or a friend)

This contest will send you on a hunt to various parts of BYC and our sister sites!
A few tips and rules:

1. Open 2 or 3 windows (or use tabbed browsing if you have it). Keep one window open to the contest and use the other windows to search for your answers. The questions will all be posted right here in post #1. (You will be asked to post links, also known as URLs, as answers to some questions).
2. Don’t post pictures or custom smilies, and only one or two regular smilies if you really must (we do not want to slow anyone down).
3. Please number your answers so we can more easily find them and tally the score.
4. One point for the correct answer – that’s it.
5. Don’t edit your post once you've answered – that’s it, no more answers. If you change your mind you can post again. Edited posts will not count.
6. One question will be posted at a time with three minutes in between each posted question. Whoever answers first with the correct answer will win the point. Whoever wins the most points WINS the prize!! (Only one Trivia Challenge winner per member, so if you've won a BYC Trivia Challenge in the past please let others have a go.)
7. Have FUN.... and good luck!

To check your time zone: http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Mountain/s/-7/java

Oh, and please note: We're going to try to do these on the first Sunday of every month! So, mark your calendars!

woot.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Name 3 sponsors of BYC.
Winner Sparklee

2) What is the link to the Turkey Breeds Page in the new "other poultry" system?
Winner backyardmenagerie

3) When is the WV, MD, PA, VA Chickenstock?
Winner backyardmenagerie

4) What Learning Center page would I go to so I can learn the difference between a comb and a wattle?
Winner punky rooster

5) On the new recipe section, how many eggs will I need for the second dessert listed?
Winner vfem

6) On TEG forum where would I go to discuss canning?
Winner vfem

7) What does L.O.R.E. stand for?
Winner sparklee

8) What are the coop restrictions for Cincinnati,OH?
Winner Elphaba2140

9) What are the bonuses that come with buying "Building Chicken Coops for Dummies" in the BYC store?
Winner moomee56

10) When did Rob restart the BYC message board as we know it now?
Winner Sparklee

11) According to the sticky, why are my chickens not laying?
Winner moomee56

12) On Back Yard Herds where would I learn about what to feed pigs?
Winner vfem

13) What forum section on BYC would you go to buy other members' handmade goods?
Winner vfem

14) What was the most users online and when did it happen?
Winner vfem

15) How many moderators does BYC have?
Winner moomee56

16) What is the link for the Breeders and Hatchery Index?
Winner moomee56

17) How many fans does the BYC Facebook page have? (please don't like until after the question is over if you haven't already
wink.png
)
Winner moomee56

18) Where is the coop from the Tudy contest coming from?
Winner sparklee

19) If I wanted information on creating a emergency kit, where would I go on Sufficient Self?
Winner moomee56

20) What was the April Fools joke that was played on the BYC members this year?
Winner vfem

Tie Breaker

Spring means baby lambs, but I need advice on helping my ewe in labor. Where should I go?
Winner moomee56

By my count

moomee56- 7 points
vfem - 6
sparklee - 4
backyardmenagerie - 2
punky rooster - 1
Elphaba2140 - 1

Congrats Moomee56
woot.gif

Last edited:
Yup, there sure will be! We're shooting for 6:00 pm PST and last month's winner, sune42 will be running the show!

WOOT!

(BTW, I just noticed I totally had the wrong date listed... so I fixed it)

Humor the Aussie, PST is Pacific time I assume? So we're starting in about 1 1/2 hours? Just checking.
lol.png

I have to go up the street and don't want to miss this.
smile.png

Edit to add: We just came off Daylight Savings and my internal clock is scrambled.
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom