BYC Virus Threat to PC?

sonjab314

Constant State of Confusion
13 Years
May 15, 2010
Missouri
Every since the shut down yesterday, when I pull up BYC it says there is a virus threat on this site to my computer. I immediately move it to the "vault" of the AV software. After I shut the site down, I ran the AV software and scanned my entire computer with no threats found. Any ideas? I cant NOT come here. I need my chicken fix lol. Anyone else having this problem?

I have the free AVG and haven't seen any warnings.

It might help it you log out, reboot your computer, run another scan and then type in the address from your browser, rather than use a bookmark.

No problems on our end that we can see, but we'll do scans and keep an eye out for any problems. My guess is that it is local to your PC because usually there would be hundreds of posts, IMs, and phone calls if it was forum wide.

Let me know if you see it again and copy any messages, info. that might be helpful in tracking it down.

Beware of the AV popup. I had a thread on Facebook about it, it is nothing more than a scam. It finds sites you visit regularly and then puts up a notice that "You computer is under attack from a virus from ______ location" Since I have AVG I mistakenly thought it was my virus software telling me this. I ran the scan from AV, it said I had to upgrade so I paid 59.95 to upgrade what I thought was my normal AVG, turned out not to be and I've gotten my money back and reported AV to the BBB and AOL. A techie from AOL is how I found out it was a scam, I got online help for something else and mentioned it. AV will ask you to download something called Hijacker to "target and identify" the virus,, thank Heaven's I didn't fall that far and go for that,, even the name on that was suspicious.

After visiting it a few more times today, I've not seen the message. Maybe a fluke
idunno.gif

Quote:
No, but there are fewer viruses out there for Macs, mainly because PCs are more numerous (especially in the business world), so programming a virus to attack the Mac OS isn't as damaging as putting one out there for Windows users. The chance is less of getting one with a Mac.

I have AVG and I saw the same exact threat when I logged in yesterday. Not sure what it was but, I moved it to AVG vault and I did have 3 virus threats. So, I agree something was up yesterday but, today everything is back to normal.
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom