1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BYC with chicks for sale?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by americana-chick, Dec 31, 2009.

1. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Wouldnt it be cool if BYC could offer chicks for sale? I know it would be a lot of work and it definatly wouldnt be easy but i think it would be neat.
    What do all of you think?

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    That is a whole business to start. I doubt that it will ever happen, but interesting idea. [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Isn't that what the BST section is for?

It's also why we get to know one another in the Where am I where are you section.

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

The only way we could / would do that by being a reseller for some of the existing hatcheries (since "BYC" headquarters is in a city that only allows 5 chickens). But doing that would just put middle-men in the process which isn't needed. We'd rather have our members use our Buy Sell Auction system or visit and buy from our wonderful chicken supplies sponsors.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by