BYC writers unite!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChickenLover200, Apr 28, 2016.

1. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    You don't have to be one of the people who write articles for BYC, but if you've written a book or love to write, here's your place to chat!

All BYC rules apply.
    No inappropriate posts
    Keep it clean and family friendly!

Anyone out there who loves to write?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

I write! Though I can't claim I do it enough or have as much time for it as I like. I probably start some little project or another at least one a week - it's finishing them that's the problem for me. I've currently got a project which is going pretty strong, strangely enough; I started it on a whim about a week ago and somehow it's grown from a little idea into something like 6 pages of writing! Time will tell if this one actually gets finished, but 6 pages is further than I get on most stories before life decides to interrupt.

I personally write mostly fiction of the horror, mystery, and action/adventure genres (or blends thereof), with a little fanfiction and nonfiction sprinkled in here and there.

3. ChickenLover200

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    :frow
    I really like to write too... I have a lot of trouble finding endings for books. I find that if I force myself to end a book, it'll end good. I'm good with mysteries, horses, old West, etc. I've also created my own covers, but haven't published anything yet.

4. BertandMary

BertandMary Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2013
    Fayetteville, NC
    Writing is a great escape. I am working on a few novels which are in various stages. I find knowing the ending and begining are critical before developing a loose outline. Not being tied to a specific genre is nice too. My muse suffers from, ADD, at times. A fictionalized account of the assassination of, Colonel Ishmael, near, Baji, Iraq, is well into development. A trip to, Europa, and the consequences of it, a SciFy novel, is being put together. It helps that even the current President has set money aside in the National Budget for the actual trip arpund 2021. There are a couple heart felt tales as well as comical romps in the pipeline too. Being retired from the military with a working spouse affords me ample time to persue the dream of being a novelist. I do some ghost writing from time to time but that just doesn't work for me.

5. ChickenLover200

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    I wrote articles for magazines once, but never got them featured. I'm just better at writing actual books that have fake story outlines with some accurate history than articles about stuff. :confused: :p

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I used to write feature stories for Breed (Cockers) magazines in the '70's never got a dime but, they did allow me to have free advertising every month. Had a short filler piece in the old Dog World magazine , when I was 12,. I loved to write fiction too but, always wrote the last chapter first [​IMG] then quit.

My late friend used to write what they called "Bodice Rippers," and had several published under different pen names. I just seem to have gotten too old, to bother anymore . [​IMG]

7. ChickenLover200

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    Ithink you had a "sort of" good idea by writing the last chapter first. Because without an ending in mind, you can't end a story. I never sit down and write unless I know I have an ending in mind. I'm usually not good at ending stories, but it got easier. It does help to ke the time for an outline too, but I always seem to forget to write one :lol:

8. gothicgirlie

gothicgirlie Just Hatched

Jun 21, 2016
    I'm also a writer, and tend to do mostly fantasy stuff. Currently I'm working on a three part novel.

9. ChickenLover200

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    Nice! I'm writing a series... Not sure how many books will be in it yet.

10. Athaid

Athaid Chillin' With My Peeps

I used to read a lot when I was younger and would come up with little stories, my English teacher was always very pleased with my general knowledge of the language. But unfortunately I started slipping up when I started high school, I really didn't have a good time there and the work I had to show made that painfully obvious. I left school and went into home education, and since then I have been reading more but I do notice my spelling is behind, just my writing in general. I'm kind of ashamed to admit this but I still don't really know what nouns, adjectives, pro-nouns, etc.. are. And my handwriting is terrible. I still love coming up with little stories in my head but never put them down on paper. I would like to get better, my heads just been so full of other things the last few years.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by