BYC's Favorite Gameshow: "Sex My EE Chicks!" Jury Still Out!!!

bluey

thootp veteran
11 Years
Apr 10, 2008
Washington, PA
I'm so bad at this....please help! Three EE chicks at 10 weeks old. Props to bugladyleah who provided the eggs for this hatch!

Chick #1
IMG_1439.jpg

Chick #2
IMG_1435.jpg

Chick #3 (two pics)
IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg

Gratuitous Mommy and babies picture!
IMG_1441.jpg

Thanks for all your help. Prizes are as always...the knowledge that you are a peach of a BYC member!
bun.gif

Last edited:
I can't tell with EEs and Ameraucanas even though there is a thread from last week I think it was that explained how to tell the difference. I read the thread, went out and looked at my blue and splash Ameraucanas and one EE bantam and still don't know...Hoping they are girls though. Good luck with getting yours sexed. Just for fun though I'll guess: #1 boy #2 girl #3 girl

Check the hackles and saddle feathers, thin and longer, boys, big and wide, and not so long, girls. At least that helps me, and also, if it crows, its not going to give you breakfast!
gig.gif

I kind of suspect that Chick #1 is a roo. He is significantly larger and more aggressive than the other 2 but he has not started crowing yet which perplexes me. His come is significantly more orange and larger while the other 2 remain on the small yellowish side.

Chick #2 I'd bet is a pullet and Chick #3 I'm also leaning pullet but I'm not sure.

These are my first EE's so I'm not real comfortable sexing them.

Please keep the responses coming! I sure appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom