Bytton Quail Letter

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Whitehouse Quail, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    I am the owner of an aviary, where I raise many different types of birds. Among these birds are button quail. Button quail are the smallest and tamest of true quail, measuring only 4 inches long at maturity. They are a prolific layer of eggs, have great personalities, and are a big hit anywhere they are sold.

We raise our button quail by hand; they are artificially incubated, then regularly handled to ensure they are as tame and as docile as possible. They are given a high protein feed, get regular human interaction, and are always treated right.

Many people who own these quail are charmed by them right away. They will wander the house, in search of treats, and will settle down with you to watch TV. They also will consent to be picked up and spoiled, so they are really a one of a kind bird!

We are interested in expanding our market for these lucrative birds. In approxamitely ten weeks time, we will have anywhere from ten to twenty five of these birds up for sale, on the cusp of laying. We are willing to sell these for $8.00 a piece. They will undoubtedly be a hit at the store, and the talk of many of your customers.

We are looking forward to hearing from you!

Is this good letter to send to the person in charge? What should I change?

2. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Personally I wouldn't market these as a hand tamed bird. They can not be as tame as people think of when you say hand tamed. They are not like parakeets that can be held like many pet owners consider hand tamed birds. They are too flighty even with human interaction they can have serious health issues with being held, become egg bound, and loss of feathers due to stress release. They aren't really a tame bird as your letter makes it sound in my opinion. Not trying to be harsh but if the store owners are familiar with these quail they may feel this misleading....
  3. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    That Letter Does Not Represent Button Quail With Any Accuracy.
  5. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    I am sorry but I have hatched and raised button quail and this letter is not portraying button quail with any accuracies... Hopefully if someone is planning to purchase these from you they will do their own research first... Honesty and facts are in my opinion way more important then making money.. I think you need to do more research and write a new letter
  6. apc

apc Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Chickland, Il
    I have to agree with everyone above, also id put in there reasons that people keep them, other than for pets. One example is, they are kept in aviarys as a kind of "clean-up" control [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by