c. 1882 Elgins Pocket Watch w/ Key & Chain, Works.. Will Ship Oregon

Sunny the Hippie Chick

Songster
11 Years
Sep 8, 2008
Brookings Oregon
I have an 1882 Elgins Gents Pocket Watch, Chain, & Key

These pictures were taken by the appraiser. And then scanned to my computer. Sorry about them now being a bit out of focus.

15515_watch.jpg

15515_chain.jpg

We had an appraisal done August 28, 2009

Here are the Details of that report.

Watch Details
*Watch Manufacturer: Elgin National Watch Co., Elgin Illinois
*Metal Content: Marked "Silverine", a white non-precious metal alloy of nickel, copper, and manganese
*Case Trademark: Marked "Dueber" (for Deuber Watch Case Manufacturing Company, Canton, OH
*Case Serial Number: 1119812
*Weight: About 5 ounces, including movement and crystal
*Measurements: 57mm
*Dial: White porcelain with black Roman numerals, single sunk with subsidiary seconds at 6 o'clock
*Hands: American Spade Style
*Movement: Key wind and key set full plate gilt movement, "G.M. Wheeler" model, 18 size, grade 81, 15 jewels
*Serial Number: 1393195
*Manufacturing Information: Total production of 53,000 movements over 13 runs, manufactured circa 1882
*Condition: Dial is excellent; thick glass crystal is undamaged, but has small scratches; case is very good, with patina; movement is running; key is present.
Value: $300

Chain
*Metal Content: A white non-precious metal alloy, unmarked
*Weight: Approx. 32 grams
*Trademark: None
*Description: Antique Albert Chain, Five strands of chain (rope & curb links) capped by textured heart shape end pieces, & a matching texture slide, ending with a tassel, with a swivel end and a large spring ring end. The pocket watch key is attached to the spring ring end.
Value: $200

Total Value: $500

Taking Offers
Will mail with priority mail. Insurance is required. Only pay exact fees.

Note this is up for sale locally. So can be listed as sold on here with out selling on this site.

Thank you for viewing.

Last edited:
The worst thing about ebay is that it may not sell for its value. You can start at near value, and no one may bid on it. Or you can take the chance of starting low, and the final bid will be well below its value. Don't forget that both ebay and Paypal will charge you fees.

Good luck, if I had the money, I'd be all over it!

I know ebay and paypal sure do take their cut dont they. And I dont see why. Ebay owns paypal, so they should only charge once.

If any one is interested. I will take
$300 + shipping and insurance fees to your zip code.

Will take postal money order. Or paypal. But I would rather not cause it takes some of the money away. But will use it if buyer wants too.

+++++++++++++++

Trying to make money to move with.

Thank you for looking.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom