CA-2 Free Roos-1Blue Silkie & 1White Crested Black Polish-818 area

Yoko Jones

Hatching
11 Years
Jan 13, 2009
Our two sweet "hens" have begun crowing! We are in the West Valley, and can't keep roosters here. We recently got a letter from L.A. animal control, and we have been keeping them inside as much as possible, but we're on short time!

They are about 6 months old, and have been handled and doted over their whole lives, and are pretty cuddly. And they are soo cute!

IMG_1959.jpg

I am so sorry to hear that you cannot keep your friends? I wish it were different. They look beautiful. I have waaaayyy too many roosters too, I have to give some away, it's really hard.

Also, Welcome to BYC! I hope you are still going to have chickens, maybe girls?

Take care, Tina

Yes, we still really would like to have chickens again in the future. I have begun looking at property in our area which is zoned for livestock, so if any future chicks turn out to be roos, it would be legal to keep them. We are enjoying our two boys as beautiful and quirky pets, eggs would just be a small bonus. My 7 y.o. son loves just cuddling them when watching TV, especially the Silkie, he's like a cuddle-kitty-bird! And our Polish, is like Yertle the Turtle King (for Dr. Seuss fans) he is the king of all that he sees! Whenever he flies up to the back of the sofa (we're keeping them in more now) he has to puff up & crow just so we all keep in mind who's boss! The Valley is cool in a way, there are neighborhoods here that are semi-rural, right near very busy urban boulevards! Unfortunately, buying a home in LA and selling our other (which is in the Bay Area!), is going to be a long process, especially if we are trying to jockey for limited acreage.

Back
Top Bottom