CA Sizzle chicks and a Hamburg Roo

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by heatherlaw, Jan 15, 2016.

1. heatherlaw

heatherlaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2015
    Roseville, California
    I have two splash sizzle chicks that are 10 weeks old. The were broody raised. Both are exactly like silkies (5 toes, black skin, blue ear lobes, etc.) except for their smooth sizzle feather type. They tame easily and become wonderful pets. Dad is the sweetest roo I've ever seen, content to be a lap chicken and gentle with the girls.

I also have a silver spangled Hamburg 15 weeks old. He is free to anyone who wants to add beauty and interest to their flock. He's skittish around people but is fun to watch with his darting back and forth in the yard and running around with his big tail straight up. I ended up with a roo instead of a hen and would rather rehome him than eat him as hamburgs are small and he's quite flashy looking. He would be a great addition for anyone looking to add color to their flock[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  2. heatherlaw

Aug 3, 2015
    Roseville, California
    I forgot to mention that the sizzles are straight run as they are extremely difficult to sex. The only sure way with them is crowing or egg laying. I was 100% convinced that dad was a hen until he crowed at 5 months old, and I thought his sister was for sure a rooster until she laid the cutest little egg.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  3. ChickenFanatic5

ChickenFanatic5 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2012
    Where are you located?

4. heatherlaw

Aug 3, 2015
    Roseville, California
    I'm in Roseville

5. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Too bad you don't ship, I'd take both of those Sizzles. They'd make an excellent addition to my breeding stock :hit

6. heatherlaw

Aug 3, 2015
    Roseville, California
    I'd be willing to ship if someone could tell me how. I just don't know how to go about it which is why I said I don't.

7. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Are you NPIP certified? Shipping is pretty simple. Put them in an animal shipping box, give them fruits/veggies or grow gel to get them through the trip and send them express through the mail.

8. heatherlaw

Aug 3, 2015
    Roseville, California
    No, I'm not certified. I'm not a breeder, just have a hobby so I've never thought about it. Guess I should consider it. Sorry

9. coachnate

coachnate New Egg

Jul 16, 2012
    I'd like them I live in salinas ca. I could meet you half way if thatwould be ok
    Nate

10. heatherlaw

Aug 3, 2015
    Roseville, California
    Sorry Nate, but that's a little further than I'd like to drive right now, though if I have no luck finding somewhere for them I will contact you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by