Cabinet incubator and condensation on glass

Millhouse

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 19, 2012
HELP! I set my eggs last night, my very first hatch so I am really adjusting to this learning curve.... I have a home built cabinet incubator I built myself (whoot! Its so cool). I got my temp up to 98.9 to 101.2 and it stays in that range... my humidity is at the 58% and I haven't gotten it to go higher. The issue is that now I have tons of condensation on the glass everywhere! I don't know what to do!
Should I have vent holes? If I drill holes wont that lower the humidity? or lower the temp? I am using two 100W bulbs (as all the others were either not hot enough or the heat one was waaay too hot - in the 110 range)

Any suggestions please? here's a pic of my Bator. (I did move it where there are no windows)

See the water tub, it's a 2 gal. with a large sponge.... heat sink in the right side - might need to add another one?

My eggs are on rubber drawer liner, I thought it would make it easy to clean and keeps them from rolling as I turn them... (I forgot to add an outlet for the fan to be INSIDE instead of out lol)

It's on wheels and was an old fishtank stand I rescued from the weather. I am SO SO nervous! I don't want to ruin my hatch from not knowing enough.... ANY suggestions would be wonderful!

Thanks!

if I do less water how do I get the humidity to stay up? Do I need to drill some vent holes?

I Built my own cabinet incubator and you should have vents to exchange fresh air in your incubator. I cant tell by the pics if you have a fan or not. I would have vents in two locations for the exchange. As long as you have a fan and standing water the air moving will keep your humidity consistant. By opening ,closing and adjusting your vents you can regulate your humidity. Hope that helps!

My incubator has one top window that always gets condensation so I can't see inside. I found that putting a towel or old shirt on the window keeps condensation down. I remove the towel/shirt from the window to observe the eggs or chicks

yep, the meter is inside, lol, sooo much better with the vent holes, thanks for all of your help. Tomorrow is lockdown, kinda nervous!

Back
Top Bottom