Cabinet incubator experts... Lots of pics

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Cara, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    This incubator was in someone's pump house when he moved to a new farm. He told me to make him an offer on it, and he's happy to clean it up for me. It seems to be homemade with GQF parts. Other than the fan I couldn't identify them if I tried! I think it's a hatcher and incubator combined. I don't know if the egg turners are wired up, but I could probably do that quite easily if they're not (I think!). Would it be a good bet, and what's a fair price? Any ideas on capacity?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    Yeah, ts homemade. Does ir run? Have you even plugged it in. Looks like it only has one turning rack, and two hatching trays. Maybe see what he wants for it, but i would expect to pay $150 +/-

3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Start as low as $ 50.00 and then work your way up in $ 10.00 increments, don't be afraid to negotiate, heck you can't go wrong by trying to get a real deal. tough times and all. Plus you may have to use some $$ to buy parts.

Good Luck
    AL

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  4. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    It has two turners, there's one above the more visible one (you can see it through the hatching tray). It does run.

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Were the eggs in it when he found it??

6. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    [​IMG] I believe so.

7. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:Use EXTREME CAUTION when removing the egg trays.

Those will be some stinky eggs inside.

Have a double line garbage back ready and a hose that sprays real well to start the cleaning process for the trays. Then hot soapy water and Chlorox.

9. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Super old skunky eggs, ( GAG reflex kicking in ), be very careful.

10. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

[​IMG]

I would tell him to not worry about cleaning it up for you, since you are gonna have to do it anyway for peace of mind.

I agree to start low, or a price you feel is fair, but still a bargain. If you sure about its working condition, I would probably start at a price that would not insult and would still be a bargain for you. I hate to name a number, but you could start at a small $ amount and add something for a trade. TRADING and BARTERING is good!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by