Cabinet incubator experts... Lots of pics

Cara

Songster
12 Years
Aug 30, 2007
NM
This incubator was in someone's pump house when he moved to a new farm. He told me to make him an offer on it, and he's happy to clean it up for me. It seems to be homemade with GQF parts. Other than the fan I couldn't identify them if I tried! I think it's a hatcher and incubator combined. I don't know if the egg turners are wired up, but I could probably do that quite easily if they're not (I think!). Would it be a good bet, and what's a fair price? Any ideas on capacity?

Ahatcher_009.jpg

Bhatcher_002.jpg

Dhatcher_005.jpg

Ehatcher_006.jpg

Fhatcher_008.jpg

Yeah, ts homemade. Does ir run? Have you even plugged it in. Looks like it only has one turning rack, and two hatching trays. Maybe see what he wants for it, but i would expect to pay $150 +/-

Start as low as $ 50.00 and then work your way up in $ 10.00 increments, don't be afraid to negotiate, heck you can't go wrong by trying to get a real deal. tough times and all. Plus you may have to use some $$ to buy parts.

Good Luck
AL

Last edited:
It has two turners, there's one above the more visible one (you can see it through the hatching tray). It does run.

Quote:
Use EXTREME CAUTION when removing the egg trays.

Those will be some stinky eggs inside.

Have a double line garbage back ready and a hose that sprays real well to start the cleaning process for the trays. Then hot soapy water and Chlorox.

Super old skunky eggs, ( GAG reflex kicking in ), be very careful.

sickbyc.gif

I would tell him to not worry about cleaning it up for you, since you are gonna have to do it anyway for peace of mind.

I agree to start low, or a price you feel is fair, but still a bargain. If you sure about its working condition, I would probably start at a price that would not insult and would still be a bargain for you. I hate to name a number, but you could start at a small $ amount and add something for a trade. TRADING and BARTERING is good!

Back
Top Bottom