1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

cabinet incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by choctaw chicken, Apr 20, 2009.

1. choctaw chicken

choctaw chicken Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2008
    choctaw county al
    was hoping that yall would give your opinion on incubators im looking to buy a cabinet model have looked at the gqf 1502 and brinsea 190 advance which is the better inbator and are the sides of the 190 made of foam i hope not for 700 dollars or maybe yall know of something better i have not seen will use to hatch quail chickens pheshants and maybe peacocks iamnot a fan of paying 200 dollars for strofoam would rather pay more now and know im working with something that will last thank yall

2. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Don't forget to look at Dickeys - I've heard a lot of people prefer them to other cabinet incubators. I don't own any of them, so I can't give you a personal reccommendation.

3. choctaw chicken

Sep 18, 2008
    choctaw county al
    no way thats fantastic 500 dollars and it built like a tank thats way better than brinsea boy i cant breath im so shocked you are awsom southern belle my wife may really go for that since its 200 dollars cheaper

4. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    My pleasure!

It's a family owned business and customer service is awesome. I'm told when you call Dickey's you often get Mr. Dickey himself on the phone. Miss Prissy has one.

5. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:If I'll ever get a cabinet incubator it is going to be D I C K E Y.

Yes Dickey

Dickey

Dickey

6. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Ive also heard good things about Dickeys, but Ive never had one. We have 3 sportsmans we bought them new in 2000. Never done anything to them. They are great incubators in my opinion. [​IMG]

7. choctaw chicken

Sep 18, 2008
    choctaw county al
    well i think i ruled out the brinsea 190 i was worried that the sides were strofoam laminated is what the info describtion on there page said thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by