Cackle’s Exhibition RIR

Sorry for my delay in response. I didn't get much info on them. Cackle has a small breeding group of Exhibition "type" RIR. They lay around 200 eggs per year and that is about all I got. I'm still very interested , maybe 200 per year means longer laying span and less likely to become egg bound?

Sorry for my delay in response. I didn't get much info on them. Cackle has a small breeding group of Exhibition "type" RIR. They lay around 200 eggs per year and that is about all I got. I'm still very interested , maybe 200 per year means longer laying span and less likely to become egg bound?
200 eggs a year is good for exhibition chickens

I am considering adding their Exhibition RIR , Delaware , New Hampshire and BSL. I would like to work on heritage birds versus some of the exotic breeds

My numbers are out of wack right now. I have three roosters and 6 hens. I need about 5-6 girls per rooster. Luckily the Orps get along with only two girls and the aren’t obsessive maters.

I'm curious about them myself. I'm in Missouri, so a lot of people around here get chicks from Cackle. I have experience with their stock of several breeds, but not the lines they claim to be exhibition lines.

We have some of their Barred Rocks, Delawares, White Leghorns, and a handful of other breeds right now.

Just as an FYI, Black Sex-Link (aka BSL) aren't a breed. They're usually a Rhode Island Red x Barred Rock cross. If you just want a variety of birds, they're great, but they won't breed true if you want that.

Back
Top Bottom