CACKLE CACKLE CACKLE HORRIFIC HORRIFIC CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM OWNER

bugladyleah

Songster
11 Years
Apr 7, 2008
PA
This is totally totally unbelievable....an order from Cackle was placed WAY back in April and we got notification that chicks would not be shipped until June, so the order was cancelled via email. Well, guess what folks....the P.O. called today and there were 50 chicks waiting at the post office. So, of course they were picked up. We were totally unprepared. We had to run out and buy more lights, brooder containers, food and water dishes, etc (you get the picture). Good thing we were home! Upon placing a call to Cackle to find out what was going on, (after many busy signals) the owner got on the telephone. We were informed "too bad, you ordered them" and to top it off, my MOM was told she was "un-chiristian-like" for calling to complain. She also stated that she was "too busy to check her emails" and expounded upon all HER WOES (not hiring enough people, etc.). Unbelieveable. This woman was so RUDE I cannot imagine how in the world she EVER built up a business. She was also told that this experience would be broadly posted and then she was hung up on. The order will also be disputed on the credit card and will not be paid for. I also have a copy of the cancellation email. So, my advice...don't order from Cackle....we have had good experiences from both McMurray and Mt. Healthy. Thanks for listening to my rant : )

Leah

what a mess! I am so sorry for what you are going through. Good luck with the chicks. You can report Cackle to the Better Business bureau in her town for what she did. Good luck!

Yeah, I emailed them on May 6th and never received any kind of response until this morning! Almost a full month later. I have since took my business & $ elsewhere.
smile.png

Yeah, she is also going to be reported to the BBB, we just have to find out how to do that from here. I'll be looking into that tomorrow on the net. Thanks for the replies!

Leah

Our Farm & Fleet store orders chicks from cackle every yr twice in the spring ( U have to place the order with the store they then order). Well the second time our store ordered have of the chicks were dead. They send chicks that were at list a week old!! with no food or water.!!!!!!!!!!! Farm&FLeet said they would NEVER order from them again.

I'm so sorry you had to deal with this. I think what's been happening, is a lot of people are canceling their orders and they don't want to loose that business, so they are ignoring the cancellations. I cancelled an order back in April, over the phone, and then I got a confirmation shipment letter in the mail. I was a little confused, to say the least! Then after the heart attack, I get another letter stating that my order was cancelled because they can't ship to Virginia anymore. I do understand that they are a "small mom & pop" operation, but there is just no sense in getting everyone's orders screwed up all of the time! I can't believe how that woman talked to your mom either. I would definitely broadcast to EVERYONE how horrible she was. I would dispute the credit card payment as well.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom