CACKLE CACKLE CACKLE HORRIFIC HORRIFIC CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM OWNER

Quote:
Wow...now that was sure helpful!!! Did you ever consider that not everyone CAN get their birds locally? I know I can't. There were a few short weeks when TSC had chicks here and you had to take a number and stand in line to get a few of the RIR, BR, and Sex Link chicks they ordered. People have a right to expect decent service when they order from a company.

Quote:
Okey doke . . . let me know where in Texas I can find brahmas, and I'll get right on that.
I swear, those are the hardest birds to find if you don't want to go through a hatchery . . .

Our Rural King orders from them also. I ordered 30 chicks. they all died within 12 hours of me picking them up. They peeped so loud and never shut up the whole time. I even commented about I hope that peeping doesn't mean something is wrong. Did the same thing with them I have been doing for two years. Had the brooders set up and lights on, water, feed they all died.

If I see the Crackle name on the order sheet I stay away.

I live in northwest Arkansas and have ordered from Cackle several years and they have always been good to me.
I have read that this year they are over loaded with orders. I ordered my chicks in March and recieved them in May. They sent 52 birds on a 50 bird order only 1 died and the rest of the birds are doing fine now.
I search for the best price for chickens and Cackle seems to have the best price for birds at this time. This might be why they are swamped with orders this year.
I also think a person should try to order from a hatchery close to your area so the bird will not travel so far. This is another reason I order from Cackle.
I say ever year I am not going to order more birds but alas I get chick fever and do order. If I order next year I think I will get my order in January for a delivery in May.

Cackle is not the only hatchery that is overloaded with orders....all the others are too!
wink.png

Quote:
Maybe you can make up a detailed list by state, then hatchery, crossreferenced by breed, cross referenced back to county and city and it would be more helpful than your comment. I am sure we would all like to be able to drive up the road to get what we need. But we can't.
So let me know when you have that list done and I will make sure everyone sees it.
smile.png

Sounds to me there is a valid reason for complaint.

Quote:
Do you know where most of those chicks that you see at the feedstores come from? Granted some come from local sources but most come from hatcheries as well and they have to deal with the same issues everyone else here faces. I can say that 60% of the birds I sell at my shop came from hatcheries.

Most local breeders have tried to sell me chicks for resale but at almost the same prices I sell mine which forces me to buy from hatcheries so my prices are not insane. And I only have my true araucanas laying eggs right now so I have to rely on hatcheries until my birds are old enough to help reduce my dependance on hatcheries.

It's easy to for someone to say buy locally but it's not that simple to do. And if you do find birds locally sometimes you have to drive out of your way to find some at the right price or the breeds you want. It's just not clean cut.

I didn't say you could, I said try to get them locally I know it is hard to do you always take a chance when ordering birds, I didn't figure people would get angry over what I said, if you took a survey of every person that has ordered birds by mail from all the different hatcheries you could find people that are not happy. Whether it be Cackle, Ideal or any others.

I think what most people are upset about is the poor customer service. If you are a seller and have a problem,tell your customers. You don't have to go into gret detail. I ordered chicks through my feedstore from Cackle. Ship date came and no chicks. It was not until the people at the feedstore called that they found out they weren't coming,so we ordered again. Again,ship date came and went,no chicks. Again, the feedstore people called and only then found out that Cackle had lost their breeder of these birds. Hey,no problem, they couldn't hatch what they didn't have,but why not contact your customer and tell them that? For some reason, my marans have been a broody bunch this year and I have had to put off filling a few orders this Spring. I let the people no why. Same happened to me. I ordered eggs and paid for them early in the season. The hens weren't quite up to laying on time and I had to wait a week. No problem,I understand,but the seller contacted me. That's just good business.

i had the same problem with cackle. i couldn't get through on the phone so i e-mailed and cancelled my order. then i got the confirmation letter in the mail, i e-mailed again and then the money was taken out of my account. i then had to call over and over to get through and once i said i cancelled my order and wanted the money back in my account, the lady on the phone was extremely rude. i'll never order from the again. i ordered that same day from ideal and later in the day, i got a confirmation e-mail telling me THE date my chicks were coming. i've also called a couple of times to change my order and they have always been extremely nice and very helpful. i haven't gotten the chicks yet, but i'm hoping for the best.

Back
Top Bottom