CACKLE debacle

BayCityBabe

Songster
11 Years
May 1, 2008
I am gonna die right now. I made a Cackle order about a month ago. Canceled it a few days later. Their inability to communicate at all - no confirmation of the order, no one to answer the phone - just bugged me. I needed to know when to expect chicks, so I could work it around a family wedding. Because their phone is always busy, I e-mailed them AND faxed a note to cancel the order.
GUESS WHAT? I got a written ship date in the mail today. And it is the date I will be out of state!
What the...?
I pray these folks get my new round of e-mails and faxes. I am sending them a letter, too.
I am not mad, just freaked out. I do not want to be The Lady Who Let those Chicks Die at the Post Office.

I love the title of your thread...
very clever.

I also sympathize with you. I just cancelled my order of 25 Welsummers due to a lack of communication on the part of the supplier.

When I originally ordered by phone, they said I would have my chicks on or before May 22 and they would call ahead to give me a heads up. They processed my credit card transaction the same day I ordered (April 30). well May 22 comes and goes without a word from them, so I call and call and email and email and then I get a rather terse phone message from them saying that I will get my chicks on or before July 18. They also said that I have to be patient because "mother nature" only works so fast:rolleyes:

Anyway, the monetary part of my transaction was conducted via Paypal. I notified them of the situation and my account was re-credited within the day.

Now I need a new source for my chicks.

Sorry I stole your thread
*hands it back to BayCityBabe*

I guess I didn't realize how much I needed to rant:eek:

That sounds so strange to me...I ordered from Murray McMurray and got to pick the delivery date, and the entire order was completed over the internet, confirmation and all.

Oh my word!
th.gif
I hope you get things worked out.
fl.gif
I wish I could be there to pick them up for you.
smile.png

Okay, now I'm getting worried because I ordered from Cackle and haven't heard from them yet. This news is very discouraging!

Just to clarify, the OP's order issues came from Cackle, but mine came from another vendor.

If it comes down to it is there someone else who can pick them up so they don't just sit at the post office? That really sucks. If they really are having communication issues I would be afraid they will still get shipped even though you cancelled. Good luck!! I hope it works out.
fl.gif

For the record, they now have received 3 e-mails, 2 faxes, AND I was able to leave a voicemail Friday night. No one from Cackle has bothered to respond at all.
They charged my credit card for the full amount of the order a WEEK after I canceled via e-mail and fax.
Oh yeah, the confirmation (ship date) letter that they sent me on Friday noted that they would not be sending a quarter of that original order, but no mention of adjusting the charges.
Shoddy!

I think it's time to sit on the phone and keep hitting the redial button until you get to talk to a live person! I had to do this twice myself. After about 10-15 minutes of redialing, I finally got to speak to someone. I would make a point of contacting them on Tuesday morning. I think they open at 8:00 their time, if I remember correctly. Good luck!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom