1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

cackle hatchery anyone ordered from there

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by blueseal, Feb 19, 2009.

1. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    thinking about ordering from there i want 6 deleware pullets. 1 deleware cockrel. 5 barred rock pullets. and 5 cinnamon queen pullets. so 17 in all. shipping is only $15 and the total would be $54 and change. thinking a april delivery date. as iv heard alot of doas from the cold weather so far. i shouldnt get any packing peanuts should i were im ordering over the 15 minumum. right.

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I ordered from there. They have great quality birds. I ordered 15, and got 2 extras. 1 passed away, and the other was a male, which im glad.

3. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I have been their customer for years. Never had any loses or packing peanuts. They have been about 99% on their sexing of pullets. I am getting an order in a few days. Can't wait.

4. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    Quote:whatcha get en for birds.

5. Country Guy John

Country Guy John Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    My very first order came from Cackle Hatchery in April of 2008. 21 barred rock and did not lose a single bird.

[​IMG]

6. Diamond Spur

Diamond Spur Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2009
    I ordered from Cackle, they shipped yesterday. I'll let you know how they do when I get them. For those of you that have ordered before, how long did it take them to get to you?

7. FarmGirl01

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I ordered 15 crele OEG bantams and for kicks straight run of Cuckoo Marans. I just wanted a few hen for laying (Marans). The banties will be a project to play with. I just really like the banty hens. And the roos are so beautiful. Thanks for asking.

As for the shipment time Its usually two days. The post office calls about 5:00 in the morning. Mine should be Wed. morning.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  8. Diamond Spur

Diamond Spur Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2009
    Farmgirl I'm from southern AR, around Camden, so I guess I can expect mine tomorrow morning. I ordered some banties for fun too, Cochin Frizzles. They will be here next week.

9. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

Quote:I ordered 15 dellie pullets from Cackle on Jan. 1st (not expecting them until end of feb or early march, anyway...) well, they called last week and said the Delawares weren't laying well, so they asked if they could bump my ship date back to Mid March - which was fine with me.

I haven't ordered froma hatchery before, so this is my first time with them. I liked how they called to keep me updated, and offered to ship a different set of chicks (they didn't have anything else I wanted though).

So, I guess I'm telling you this to let you know that if you want delawares, you may have to wait a bit for those, but your other chicks should be on time. If you want them all at the same time, and soon, you might want to call them and ask what the estimated arrival time for the dellies would be, and maybe order from someone else if it is too long for you to wait.

eta - well, not totally true, I did just get my ducklings from a hatchery, I forgot about that - I got those from Ideal, also very nice to work with.

meri

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  10. FarmGirl01

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Hey Diamond! I bet you get yours real soon. Good luck with the new ones. I got my brooder ready this afternoon. Need to buy a back-up light and some chick starter and a roll of paper towels. Can't wait. This will be my last weekend to have some fun away from home. After that, the babies will keep my busy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by