Cackle hatchery - Buff Orpingtons

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by GermanChick, Jul 25, 2010.

1. GermanChick

GermanChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    NW Missouri
    Somewhere here on this forum I read that Cackle's BOs are really bad quality. Is this true ?? I would love to see some pictures of your Cackle Orpingtons.

2. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    They are not show quality but overall I have been very pleased with the quality of my Orpingtons from Cackle.I have used them for several years and many purchases [​IMG]

This BO roo is over a year old

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  3. fwschrom

fwschrom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Hayden Idaho
    I ordered Buff Orpingtons from cackle this year. I have been pleased with my birds. I think all hatcheries have better and avaerage breeds of birds. My observation so far has been my white rocks, light brahmas, and dark cornish are very good quality. The buffs are running behind the first three. I am looking at growth rate and body conformation. I ordered in addition to above, Australorps, Jersey Giants, and Barred Rocks. My buffs are 7 weeks old tommorrow, so its still a little early to tell, but I like one of the roos so well I am thinking of keeping him. Another one of my buff roos is quite the charactor, not spooky, and almost as big a curious george as my turkeys.

If I can get them to sit still tommorow I will post a couple of pic's.

4. fwschrom

fwschrom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Hayden Idaho
    The buffs were being particularly photogenic this morning here are the promised photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These last are a buff, but I am pretty sure its a Buff Buttnugget, that wanted his picture taken.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
    [​IMG]I think they are GORGEOUS!!!

Can't wait to get my Cackle order, tomorrow I hopE

6. FF

FF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    Tennessee
    I have not personally had none but know people who have. There was some that was just very nice looking and some you wonder what critter got them. I guess its juts a hit and miss thing. But Cackle is a good hatchery. Oh and all of the pictures have real nice birds in them.

7. GermanChick

GermanChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    NW Missouri
    Thank you so much for the pictures. I think all the girls (and boy) look really good !!!!! I got my birds from cackle and are very pleased with them, especially the Australorps. I guess next year I have to get some of those "big fat golden girls"[​IMG]
    And I know, they will never be show quality, I just want some nice looking birds.

Oh, and I also think that four legged buff is adorable [​IMG]

8. purelypoultry

purelypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Fremont, Wisconsin
    Buff Orpingtons from Cackle are GREAT brown egg layers. They won't win even a county fair but they sure lay alot of nice brown eggs.

9. Willow's Meadow

Willow's Meadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by