Cackle Hatchery Experiences?

gamefowl-layers

In the Brooder
Jan 12, 2016
Littlerock California
I just placed my order for 50 female Easter Eggers on Cackle Hatchery. Don't know when I'll be receiving them but I can't wait. I have hatched out 150 chicks this season but none of them are laying breeds (gamefowl).

What have been your experiences with Cackle Hatchery?

I cannot complain at all about my experience. I got my order of a surprise box and 15 rainbow pullets a little over a week ago. I got my shipping date/invoice about 3 or 4 days after I ordered in my email, they arrived on time. All arrived alive and in good health. None have died. I am super happy with my experience. Shipping took 2 days, I am in wisconsin, I dont know if a farther distance will affect them. I posted pictures of them in the hatchery surprise thread and individual pictures in the breed and gender thread if you want to see what their chicks look like.

I cannot complain at all about my experience. I got my order of a surprise box and 15 rainbow pullets a little over a week ago.  I got my shipping date/invoice about 3 or 4 days after I ordered in my email, they arrived on time. All arrived alive and in good health.  None have died.  I am super happy with my experience.  Shipping took 2 days, I am in wisconsin, I dont know if a farther distance will affect them.  I posted pictures of them in the hatchery surprise thread and individual pictures in the breed and gender thread if you want to see what their chicks look like. 

How are they doing? I just received mine today and they all arrived alive. I'm not sure if they'll make it though since it was a 3-day trip. I received 51 so according to their policy, only one can die? We'll see what happens. Hopefully nothing goes wrong. Thanks for sharing
1f44d.png

How are they doing? I just received mine today and they all arrived alive. I'm not sure if they'll make it though since it was a 3-day trip. I received 51 so according to their policy, only one can die? We'll see what happens. Hopefully nothing goes wrong. Thanks for sharing
1f44d.png
They are doing great all of them are alive and well. They were born on May 23 so almost two weeks old and haven't lost any. I have one itty bitty bantam with feathered legs that has pasty butt. Just that one. But his butt was EXTRA poofy so I think it just got stuck on the feathers on the way down. Other then that he is clean and healthy. He still eats and drinks and runs around with everyone else. After I washed his butt no more problems. I hope all of yours make it! My neighbor came down to see them already and is planning on taking 4 once they get older. she is excited to see all the colors we get once they feather out a little more.

They are doing great all of them are alive and well. They were born on May 23  so almost two weeks old and haven't lost any. I have one itty bitty bantam with feathered legs that has pasty butt.  Just that one.  But his butt was EXTRA poofy so I think it just got stuck on the feathers on the way down.  Other then that he is clean and healthy.  He still eats and drinks and runs around with everyone else.  After I washed his butt no more problems.   I hope all of yours make it!   My neighbor came down to see them already and is planning on taking 4 once they get older.  she is excited to see all the colors we get once they feather out a little more.  

Thanks, you too! And is the rainbow mix a mix of many breeds? I didn't look into it much. It was between Black Australorps or Plymouth Rocks at first (great winter layers). In the end, we decided brown eggs were too mainstream and wanted Easter eggers haha.

Thanks, you too! And is the rainbow mix a mix of many breeds? I didn't look into it much. It was between Black Australorps or Plymouth Rocks at first (great winter layers). In the end, we decided brown eggs were too mainstream and wanted Easter eggers haha.
Yes there is a minimum order of 15 for the rainbow pullets I think. But they guarantee you at LEAST 3 different breeds. So between the rainbow order and the surprise I got I have quite a few easter eggers and a lot of patterned birds. SO I think I will have a good mix of colored white and brown eggs. I couldnt decide on a breed, so this way I have quite a few breeds and can decide on my favorites, sell what I dont want and get some more next year! because you know chicken math and addiction.

i recently ordered 13/1 barred rocks and 8/1 rhode island reds on 4/19/16. the earliest date both breed were actually available was 5/16/16 and they actually were hatched and being shipped on 5/2/16. they sent an extra hen for each breed so in total i got 25 and so far i havent found any extra males, even though i kinda wished for an extra male to make less female/male ratio for show quality birds. all still kicking. feeding them h and h all organic non gmo feed, as i do with all my chicks. its twice the price but the difference is in the sight and taste.all growing

i recently ordered 13/1 barred rocks and 8/1 rhode island reds on 4/19/16. the earliest date both breed were actually available was 5/16/16 and they actually were hatched and being shipped on 5/2/16. they sent an extra hen for each breed so in total i got 25 and so far i havent found any extra males, even though i kinda wished for an extra male to make less female/male ratio for show quality birds. all still kicking. feeding them h and h all organic non gmo feed, as i do with all my chicks. its twice the price but the difference is in the sight and taste.all growing

I've had bad luck with this one. I ordered 50, received 51 and have 45 left. 5 chicks arrived unhealthy so they will refund me 4 of those (1 was extra) and the other one died because it got out the brooder. Hopefully these make it though.

Back
Top Bottom