1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cackle Hatchery Frypan Special???

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by pawtraitart, Jun 26, 2007.

1. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    Has anybody ordered the Frypan Special from Cackle? Did you get a good variety of breeds? Was it straight run or all roos?

2. Arklady

Arklady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    I never ordered it but I know folks that have and its a veriety pack and I guess its the heavy breeds that grow large. There could be some meat birds in there too.

Arklady

3. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    I assumed the frying pan specials were all male leghorns.

4. pawtraitart

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    I received a reply from Cackle and it looks like I'll be getting at least 6 different heavy breeds. It will be mostly cockerals. A pullet or two might be in the bunch. I also ordered 5 Americana pullets. [​IMG]

5. macedoncluck

macedoncluck New Egg

Jun 26, 2007
    We had a bad experience with cackle with some fancy turkeys. Good luck!

6. pawtraitart

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    Well I hope I don't have any problems. *fingers crossed*

7. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    We used Cackle for the first time and did not have any problems. One of our turkeys didn't make it and they offered a refund with no trouble. We ordered goslings,turkeys and ducklings all arrived safe and prompt. We asked to have our number put on the box so the PO could call us and had no problems. Micki

8. pawtraitart

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    Well, all of my chicks arrived safe and sound! I got a very nice selection. I'll be keeping one of the roos in this batch so I'm happy that I have different breeds to pick from. The tough part will be deciding which one! I ordered an additional 5 ameraucana pullets and I received my 5 which were marked as pullets PLUS 6 extra which could be roos but there's no telling right now.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  9. spock78

spock78 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2007
    How many chicks did you get on that special Pawtraitart?
    We're thinking of getting the 100 + 3 ducks special. Heck of a price but I'm scared of the feed cost for that many chickens. I already have 27. Good thing we free range them.

10. pawtraitart

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    I ordered the 50ct Frypan Special plus 5 ameraucana pullets. I think that the feed cost for that many will be okay. The thought of 100 freaked me out. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by