CACKLE HATCHERY REVIEW

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by RIVERA69R, Feb 23, 2009.

1. RIVERA69R

RIVERA69R Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    VENICE FL
    I finally after months of planning and getting ready ordered mY chicks and just recieved them on friday morning from cackle hatchery, I picked that hatchery because the minimum order for chicks is 15 and we only wanted 4 (but now we decided on 6 lol) [​IMG] we sold 8 already and we will keep the other 8 until they are old enough to make sure there are no roosters, they gave us 1 extra buff orphington. So the post office calles at 6:10am me and my son who got to stay home from school that day quickly drove over and got them we got them home and opened the box to find all alive and healthy that was a relief! [​IMG] one had a slight case of spraddle leg but thats to this web sight i already read about that and bought band-aids before hand so i set her up fri and gave her poly-mi-su baby vitamins for a couple of days heard abou that from Ruth on here and now band-aids of and all are running around so very wonderful experience so far thats to this website and cackle hatchery pics soon to come [​IMG]

2. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Great news for me to hear....as I also ordered my chicks from Cackle Hatchery.

They are due to arrive at our local MFA April 2 [​IMG]

I am sooooooooo excited, but of course you know that feeling !! [​IMG]

Thanks for the great review! Lookin forward to seeing your pix!!

[​IMG]

3. silentrunning

silentrunning Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    Venice, Florida
    Rich, I think the 8 chicks I got from you eat more than my big birds do. [​IMG] They are doing great and seem to be very healthy.

Doug

4. Lee

Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Marion County, IN
    Now, do they call you when they nship so you pretty much know exactly when to expect them? and then you let your p.o. know so they can call you?

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Last year when I ordered, about a week or so after i ordered, they sent out a confirmation letter in the mail. It told me my ship date. Then I called the post office the week they were to be shipped, and they called me to come get them.

6. Lee

Jun 27, 2008
    Marion County, IN
    Good! I thought that was the procedure. I've got 10 SLW chicks coming the first of March from www.healthychickandmore.com and I emailed them and asked but didn't get an answer. Of all the years I have had poultry this is the first time to order from a hatchery.

Thank you. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  7. RIVERA69R

Jun 9, 2008
    VENICE FL
    Quote:Cool I was wondering how the other half were good to hear mine are doing great too.

8. Well it sure is a good thing to hear that cackle did you right.

I have already placed my order with them through a local vet supply place as they will get hundreds in all at the same time.

We live about 140 mile from cackle and this is why I picked them.

There are quite a few others around, but they had the rare breeds I wanted.

Thank for the update !!

9. RIVERA69R

Jun 9, 2008
    VENICE FL
    Quote:I called them the next day because my exp date on my cc was on their wrong so when I called to fix it they said they would ship on the 18th called the post office to give notice then on the 19th called the hatchery back to confirm they shipped on the 18th they did and said they should be to me on fri so I called the post office thurs and let them know to call me right away and at 6:10am I got the call. I just stayed on top of it and the hatchery people were very nice every time i bugged them

10. Lee

Jun 27, 2008
    Marion County, IN
    Yep, I am as excited as a newbie! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by