Cackle Hatchery!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Tambo26, May 7, 2011.

1. Tambo26

Tambo26 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Orrington, MAINE
    I recently purchased my first batch of chicks from Cackle Hatchery. They have what they call the City/Town special where you can purchase 5 of one type of chicken and have them shipped, it just costs more. I ordered Buff Orpingtons. Just what I wanted. I really just wanted 3 chicks and have someone to take the other two. They shipped from Cackle on Wednesday at 5am. No call from the post office until this morning. (poor little things!) When I got home and opened the box.... TWO chicks! ??? I got on the website to make sure the City/Town special actually was for 5 chicks... yes. Shot off an email to Cackle asking what was going on!??!! The response they sent back was the invoice they sent me was wrong... and didnt I see that? [​IMG] The invoice clearly states that I purchased the C/T special 5. And the quantity of THAT was 2. (so why didnt I get 10?hmmm?) Has any hatchery EVER sent two chicks? My luck... geesh.

So anyway.... They will send the other 3 if I want. Will the two that I have now pick on the new one(s)? What to do ?? [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    If you get the new chicks within a day or two they should be fine. Are you certain that the box hadn't been opened?

Hate to think of it but maybe someone went postal on them.... and took them home.

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Wow! What a mix-up! Somebody over there at Cackle really need to learn how to count......

But the good news is that your chicks will all get along just fine.

Hope the three reach you safely!

4. Tambo26

Mar 28, 2011
    Orrington, MAINE
    Nope. The box was intact. She admitted that their "invoice" was wrong. If I told them now to send them, I imagine they wouldnt be sent until Monday and I wouldnt get them until Thursday if the shipping is the same as it was this time. I'm so bummed about this!

5. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    It's a bummer for sure, but really, it'll be OK.....I just did a staggered hatching in my incubator, and I added new chicks to week old chicks with no problem at all.

At least they made things right for you......[​IMG]

6. hamilton3475

hamilton3475 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Alabama
    Looks to me like they should ship the others 4 free seeing how it was their mix up

7. crazygoatlady915

crazygoatlady915 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Idaho
    Wow! I got my order just fine!

I didn't know it was possible to get just 2! I'd be [​IMG] too!

8. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Please give them a break!
    This is the busiest time of the year for them and this can happen in 1/1,000,000

And the smaller the order the more they have to do to get everything ready.

9. Tambo26

Mar 28, 2011
    Orrington, MAINE
    I've emailed to have the remaining three sent.

10. Blue Ridge Hillbilly

Blue Ridge Hillbilly Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2009
    Western NC
    I ordered Barred Rock chicks from Cackle Hatchery and got them two weeks ago. All 25 were perfectly healthy and I could not be more satisfied with the service from them. I hope all goes well in getting your chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by