cackle hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by gary b, Aug 27, 2014.

1. gary b

gary b Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2014
    has anybody dealt with cackle before

2. rfreedlund

rfreedlund Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2014
    Byron, Illinois
    My chickens are all from Cackle Hatchery, but I didn't deal directly with them. They were ordered through Farm and Fleet. However, of the 50 birds I ordered, 48 made it past the chick stage and some of them should start laying soon. They are all doing very well. I can't comment on the Hatchery itself as far as customer service, but I am very, very happy with my mixed flock that came from them.

3. gary b

gary b Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2014
    ty I plan on getting 30 cinnamon queens,20 easter eggers pullets and 50 red broilers from them this spring just getting some input on quality

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I've ordered from cackle hatchery on several occasions & have been satisfied with their birds & service.

5. texaspolloloco

texaspolloloco Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2014
    Georgetown TX
    I hate to change the subject but what can anyone say about Ideal Poultry?

6. Michael OShay

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I hate to change the subject but what can anyone say about Ideal Poultry?
    [/quote
    I've ordered from Ideal Poultry several times as well & I've quite happy with their birds & service. I actually prefer them slightly to Cackle Hatchery. The black australorps I've gotten from Ideal have been a little better layers than those I've gotten from Cackle, although not quite as good a layers as the BAs I've gotten from Dunlap Hatchery. I've never lost more than 1 or 2 chicks in shipping from any of these hatcheries (never a single one from Dunlap), & since all of them have always put 2 or 3 extra in the boxes, I've gotten what I paid for.

7. maranfarmer563

maranfarmer563 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2014
    northern Pennsylvania
    Cackle has the best selection of Old English standard game around,they gave me extras and I didn't loose any

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    My Jersey Giants came from Cackle, and while they are not super huge, they have been incredibly healthy birds. I've had more problems from birds I purchased from private breeders than I have from my Cackle flock.

9. texaspolloloco

texaspolloloco Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2014
    Georgetown TX

10. Michael OShay

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You're welcome.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by