Cackle town/city special

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Colly1470, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Colly1470

Colly1470 Just Hatched

Feb 15, 2017
    Wilton, Maine
    I placed an order yesterday for 3 chicks from Cackle Hatchery. A Salmon Faverolle, a Turken, and a Black Australorp. I absolutely cannot wait for them to get here. We have a small flock of adult birds, but I've really missed having little fluffy babies [​IMG]

Has anybody ordered the town/city special before? If so, how long did it take for them to send you an email about your hatch date? I swear, chickens make me so impatient haha.

2. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Overrun With Chickens

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I got my guineas through Cackle in 2015, and I have an order shipping from them next week. You should have gotten a confirmation email and then an invoice. Other than that, some people have reported they are not good about notifying you about shipping, though with my guinea order I did get a notification. Did you not request a specific hatch date?

3. Colly1470

Colly1470 Just Hatched

Feb 15, 2017
    Wilton, Maine
    I did get an email confirming the order, but it said "Please save this order number for your records and allow 10 business days for us to find a hatch/ship date that will accommodate and be available for all your items in your order. Once we have a hatch/ship date secured, we will email you a copy of your invoice with the ship date or pick up date on it."

4. Colly1470

Colly1470 Just Hatched

Feb 15, 2017
    Wilton, Maine
    I see in the my account section on their website you can view the order, and it has shipment info. So I'm just going to check that once a day...just in case they don't reach out.

5. SunHwaKwon

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Oh boo that stinks! They don't have a lot of hatch dates for the Salmon Faverolles so that will probably determine when they ship.

6. Colly1470

Colly1470 Just Hatched

Feb 15, 2017
    Wilton, Maine
    Yeah, I saw March 1st was a "maybe available" on their chart, so I'm hoping. I only ordered 1, so I'm not imposing on the hatch too much haha. I would have gone for a more common breed, but we have a Silkie pullet who just lost her only sister and she seems pretty miserable without another fluffy bird to follow around.

7. Colly1470

Colly1470 Just Hatched

Feb 15, 2017
    Wilton, Maine
    The Orpingtons don't bother or harass her, but she doesn't seem to like sitting with them. They let her, but she refuses. [​IMG]

8. SunHwaKwon

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Some of my birds are like that as well. Its not like anyone is mean to them, they just don't seem as social as others, and I don't know if it is because I have almost all different breeds despite 30 chickens, or if they just don't "click" with anyone, or its just the way of their breed, or what. I don't have any silkies but I've heard they have social issues - from being called divas to others saying the large breeds don't get along with them. Hopefully she makes a best friend with one of the new birds though.

9. Colly1470

Colly1470 Just Hatched

Feb 15, 2017
    Wilton, Maine
    I hope so. I figured if she'd click with any of them, it's be another light colored 5 toed fluff ball lol.

I didn't really initially want Silkies, but these ones were in bad shape as babies and I wanted to give them a chance.

10. Colly1470

Colly1470 Just Hatched

Feb 15, 2017
    Wilton, Maine
    Just got the email with the invoice. The ship date is March 1st. Now I just have to try and be patient lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by