Cacklebabies arrived today

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by drunkdog, May 19, 2010.

1. drunkdog

drunkdog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Everett
    woot got the call from the PO at 5:30 this AM and by 6 my wife and I were at the door pickin them up [​IMG]...I think this is how to do a pic so hopefully it shows

[​IMG]

2. newchicksnducks

newchicksnducks Chillin' With My Peeps

It shows up beautifully! Congratulations on your sweet little babies. They look similar to my Black Australorps... sweet little birds [​IMG]

3. WV_Hillbilly70

WV_Hillbilly70 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Nashville, Indiana
    Congrats!!!! [​IMG] Now the fun begins....hopefully you built the coop ahead of time...unlike me who is currently spending every moment of free time finishing mine before my 5 week olds fly the brooder!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. drunkdog

May 15, 2010
    Everett
    haha no absolutely not why would I do something smart like that hell I didnt start planning it till I had ordered these guys [​IMG]...ground work is done already and foundation is underway this week also ...I should make it no problem by the next couple weeks though

5. ryanhodapp

ryanhodapp Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    St. Louis
    I assume you mean Cackle hatchery. I used them too because they have a city special and I could order 5 chicks. Nice for me.

6. rasin peeps

rasin peeps Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2010
    Cumberland, MD
    My Cackle chickies came today too!! We had a little miscommunication with the PO, but they are here and look good!

7. MotherJean

MotherJean Chillin' With My Peeps

What breed, Drunkdog? They look similar to a chick I was told was a Silver Laced Wyandotte - but I'm having doubts about that.

8. drunkdog

May 15, 2010
    Everett
    sorry they are Black Australorps and yes from Cackle

9. WV_Hillbilly70

WV_Hillbilly70 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Nashville, Indiana
    Quote:Thats what I thought too!!!! Then RAIN, RAIN, and still more RAIN!! [​IMG] [​IMG] Got to love Southern Indiana....May showers bring more June showers!!!! Glad I have a garage and was able to continue with construction, now the only problem I have is how to get the darn thing out of the garage!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by