Cackle's RIR's & BR's Good??????

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Taylor, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Taylor

Taylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    i am going woth cackle this year and i'm focused on their barred rocks and rhode island reds. i was just wondering if anyone else have had them. were they good layers and were they hardy, healthy,

2. terwelpbantams

terwelpbantams Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2010
    Payson
    Hello i got some barred rocks from them last year. They look really good now and are laying great. I just hatched out some chicks from them and they are very healthy. I would go with cackle all the way on any birds.

3. Taylor

Taylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    well good then! [​IMG] I need good egg layers cause i run a egg-business and eggs are our Bead & Butter

4. GermanChick

GermanChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    NW Missouri
    I also got my BR from Cackle last year. They are looking good and most important laying GREAT. All during wintertime I got my BR eggs :) I have only good things to say about Cackle and their BR ........ and their other breeds.

5. RiverOtter

RiverOtter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Oxford, AR
    I was very happily surprised at the quality of my Cackle birds. Very nice specimens of the breeds. I have beautiful BRs. I got some RIR roosters in the 'fry pan special" and they were very quick to mature, and have lovely rich color.

6. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I have had Cackles barred Rocks and they layed great the first year but slacked off considerably after that to the point were I sold them. And I have heard this from a couple others as well about them.

I have heard that Mt Healthys BRs are great layers even at a few years old and they stock is closer to what the standard should be compared to other hatchery birds becuase they have fewer breeds and still work with the old strains that the owners father orginally had, most hatcheries have switched to feather sexing strains now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by