Cage ideas for nesting quail

Discussion in 'Quail' started by mlm77, Feb 21, 2013.

1. mlm77

mlm77 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2013
    Hello!!! Am needing some help with cage plans/ideas for quail I just acquired. And nesting ideas? We have 20 that are around 3 weeks. Also 4 that are around 6 wks & have started laying. I am a get to the point kind of person. If you know of any great websites or you have raised them yourself & have a lot of know how about quail, then I'm open to listen/read any comments or suggestions. If you don't know a thing about them, please refrain from commenting!!!
    Thanks in advance......

2. James the Bald

James the Bald Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2013
    That's funny!

3. mlm77

mlm77 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2013
    You seriously must have misunderstood my request..... Do you have any ideas??? If not, please DO NOT waste my time!!

4. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
  5. jarvis

jarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    Posting what species of quail you have would probably get you more help different types have different requirements

1 person likes this.
  6. mlm77

mlm77 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2013
    Hi there, We have Cotournix Quail at the moment. But our goal is to raise Bob-Whites! [​IMG]

7. mlm77

mlm77 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2013
    Thank You! I am new here to this forum. I like what I seen on that link so far!!! Thanks a bunch!! [​IMG]

8. Safado

Safado Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2009
    Riverton Utah
    It is funny. Here is how I read the original post.

"I don't have time to contribute to this group, because I'm much more important than you all. Give me what I want and I'll leave."

mlm77, welcome to BYC. This is a great community. It's a community. We have all kinds here, including grumps, commedians, novices, and professionals. As in all communities, honey will get you more flies than vinegar. If you're time is too precious to indulge in a little humor or tangential discussions, may I recommend the great search function this forum has.

9. mlm77

mlm77 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2013
    Thank You! But that is not what I was trying to say..... I think I made myself clear when I said I only wanted replies from people who knew about the subject I brought up. That didn't imply that my time was too precious. I just think people who do not know what theyre talking about should refrain from commenting. Because it is a waste of time thinking I have a clever/informative reply. When in all actuality I get a comment such as "That's funny"? I need knowledgeable replies. Not silly ones!
    Not trying to sound prudish, because I am far far from it. Just want answers. Nothing wrong with that.... I just know how some people can be. [​IMG]
    Quote: Quote:

10. James the Bald

James the Bald Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2013
    Also, when you do get Bobwhites, will they be flight conditioned for release? Their aviary will have a different requirements than that of coturnix quail; I can't find the link for a farm that raises pheasants, but here is an example of how I would raise flight conditioned Bobwhites:(Click Here). Those 2 species (Bobwhites and Coturnix) can't be kept together.

Here are 2 threads for the quail you have: (click HERE and HERE)

Another site you may want to visit (click HERE)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by