1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cage-Mates with Bunny????

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by LazyGirl, Jul 15, 2008.

1. LazyGirl

LazyGirl Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2007
    Strange question and long story short, I temporarily have 19 3 week old Cornish Xs in my large, movable bunny tractor, and the bunny in a small cage for 2 weeks until the chicken tractor becomes available. I don't like that Bunny has to be in a small cage, and am wondering if it would hurt anything for the 2 to be in the same cage? [​IMG]

2. MaryT

MaryT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2008
    Elkton
    Not sure but I read somewhere that the rabbit would attack chickens....................
    Also chickens and rabbits can pass dieseases between each other...........

I am sure some one with more experience will get on and give you some real advice on this..........

3. HFC

HFC Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2007
    Crosby, TX
    I've done it for the last seven weeks without any problems.

Just remember it's better for a rabbit not to chew on treated wood. And they will chew on wood!

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    mine are together...one buck rabbit. since we lost our rooster, he thinks he is in charge and tries to do rooster things. so for now he is in a different run, same coop.

no prob's other than the rabbit thinking he is a rooster, except for the crowing thingy;)

5. LazyGirl

LazyGirl Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2007
    That's funny:yuckyuck
    Thanks, i may give it a try. Never thought others would have actual experience with this![​IMG]:lol:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by