cage mesh

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by frank14, Jan 5, 2017.

1. frank14

frank14 New Egg

Jan 5, 2017
    hi I am new to keeping quail can anybody advise me what's the write grade of wire to keep quail on

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, frank14, and :welcome! Great to have you with us. I'm the wrong guy to ask about quail but I would assume that it wouldn't be that much different than with chickens...1/4"-1/2" hardware cloth in order to keep out the nasty beasts. You might want to ask the quail folks here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/48/quail
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

3. frank14

frank14 New Egg

Jan 5, 2017
    thanks for that mate i thought 1/2 inch myself thanks for your reply and nice to her from you

4. N F C

N F C gobble gobble Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I've never kept quail but the Learning Center has some good articles about raising them, you might want to look those over.

Good luck with your little birds and thanks for joining us!

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under frank14 [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry, I have no experience with Quail but see that redsoxs has already given you some good advice and also a link to the Quail Forum so I will just add that I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by