Caged Hens Campaign

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by FarmerChick, Dec 19, 2009.

1. FarmerChick

FarmerChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    North Carolina
  2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    That's just sick.

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    That is disgusting. I hope one of those idiots tells my daughter that nonsense....oh she would light them up!

4. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    The problem with this is, the person writing the article is biased. You're not going to draw a crowd by going off and using your emotions. Honestly, I support caged farms over cage-free. I'd be happy to discuss it with anyone in a PM because I do not want to be the cause of someones thread being closed.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  5. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Oh, don't even get me started....................... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm 100% against caged hens...a.k.a battery hens.....I'm not even going to say anything here because it would probably get this thread closed. [​IMG] And OEGB, why do you say you support caged hens rather than caged-free hens??? Unless I read that wrong...........

6. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Quote:You did not read that wrong. PM me if you'd like to talk about it, but if you start an arguement you dont get to talk to me. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I really hate to see any poor animal contained in such a small area, that it can't even turn around!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] I mean, its not rocket science or anything. Humane is humane, in my opinion.

8. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    OEGB I PM'd you...

I really am tempted to post a link to a sad video here, but I'm not sure the mods would like it. I'm not a very emotional person, but the video made me cry...not only for the hens, but because I think of the people who actually support it and it makes me sad and mad because i just don't understand HOW they can support it. [​IMG]

9. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    77, if you want to have a discussion with someone, it's best not to start off telling them they're cruel. ; )

10. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    don't take it to heart, i believe 77 is a kid, barely high school age, and not mature enough to be making judgments like that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by