Cages for sale - suitable for small bantams, or exhibitions and shows

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by smoothmule, Jun 23, 2010.

1. smoothmule

smoothmule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Buffalo, Missouri
    Sorry but the cages are too large to ship, pick up only please. We're 40 minutes north of Springfield, Mo.
    I have 2 double cages for $50 each and 3 triple cages for $75 each. Each individual cage is 19 inches tall, 18 inches wide and 28 inches deep. You can buy just one set or all and the double and triple cages are the same dimensions so they will stack or set side by side and match up. They have doors that can be locked with a padlock and they are chicken wire over the sides, top and back and solid wood slats on the floors. There is chicken wire between each individual cage but it would be easy to replace it with something more solid if preferred. They aren't fancy but they make excellent exhibition cages for swap meets and shows. They could be dressed up more. The fronts are painted black. They could be used outside for temporary use. They would work okay outside if they were under a cover in fair weather. Not suitable for large breeds to live in but large enough to exhibit if they aren't too tall. Workable for smaller bantams and will house a pair or trio with enough room and perfect for chicks. They would also work for other small animals. They're very useful but I have several and don't need these extras sitting around. The photo shows the 2 double cages, one on top of the other.

2. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Awww, man, I wish you were closer! Those are nice, hopefully someone will grab them. [​IMG]

3. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I wish I were going to my Reunion now! Yep, it's in Springfield, MO [​IMG] We decided not to go this year, it's a 12 hour drive for us one way.

4. smoothmule

smoothmule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Buffalo, Missouri
    Well shoot, wish you all were closer. Thanks for looking ! They're really nice and I'm using some for my Serama's but I have more of them than I need. I could see these setting on a table at a swap meet, stacked 2 or 3 high and they would look really nice. They are deep enough they give more room than you would think but not so deep you can't reach in to the back. I really like them. If they don't sell, I will find a place to use them. The chicken wire top makes it easy to hang heat lamps over them and the chicken wire could be removed between the individual cages to make a much larger area for a bunch of chicks.

Here is one of the triple cages, with the chicken wire removed between the individual cages, there would be nearly 60 inches by 28 inches of floor space. I'm considering doing that with one of the cages I kept. It would make a nice breeding pen for my Serama's this winter, inside the barn, and a really nice pen for my larger breed chicks later on.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by