CailetTempest

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CailetTempest, Apr 3, 2012.

1. CailetTempest

CailetTempest Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    Indian Valley, ID
    Hello everyone. After looking over this site many many times, I finally decided to join and introduce myself. I am living in Pasco, WA. We have speckled sussex hens, barred rock hens, 1 barred rock rooster named Jimmy, 2 coturnix quail, 5 turkeys (3 narangansett, 1 is a tom, 1 slate blue female turkey and 1 chocolate tom. Also 3 jersey calves and soon 3 pigs. 2 dogs a brittany and a red heeler, This is just the outside animals. Inside I have 8 muscovy duck eggs in the incubator due to hatch sometime this end of this week. 12 turkey eggs and a few chicken eggs. 6 golden sex link babies, and 10 sussex babies, in the other cage is 6 rouen ducks I call the mud puppies. and 1 scottish fold cat.

I have a desire to raise sebastopol geese after i took the time to do a lot of research about the breed. I really want a nice goose that won't chase me around the yard like the ones did when i was growing up. They were extremely mean tempered and I actually hated them.

I am also a full time college student and mom to a 10 yr old girl and 8 yr old boy. Step mom to 34 year old agoraphobic, a 28 yr old and 27 year old. Between the last 2 I get to claim 7 soon to be 8 grandkids. Got a wonderful man who lets me enjoy my crazy farm...

2. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    [​IMG] from the chicken coop! I haven't had geese yet because the neighbors might complain. We're glad you and your chickens/other animals joined!!!

3. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. :thumbsup

6. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Sebastopols are gorgeous geese [​IMG] We have 4 Sebbie eggs in the incubator right now, along with 5 Pilgrim - can't wait til they hatch. Good luck and hope you have a great hatch [​IMG]

8. CailetTempest

CailetTempest Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    Indian Valley, ID
    I love the look of the sebastopols and what all I have read about them. But over the weekend i met the most wonderful Toulouse goose. Now i want both lol. The biggest thing is I want geese that won't be mean to me or my kids. BAD experience in high school of being attacked by the geese on our property the minute i got off the bus. I really think if i get the geese as babies or hatch them myself I would have better luck in getting nice ones. At least that is my hope.

I am still waiting on my muscovy to hatch. It is so hard not to open the incubator and check to see how they are doing. Last i checked them a few days ago, the babies were busy busy busy in their eggs... Patience is a virtue right?

9. tomtom69

tomtom69 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2012
    Raleigh Nc.
    [​IMG]

10. g2smil

g2smil Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Welcome to BYC from Northern Virginia! Hope you enjoy your chicks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by